MEU3

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Discobolus

MEU3

Post by Discobolus »

Could somebody who has applied for the MEU3 please advise regarding the Bank Statements is a summary of the 5 years sufficient or do they require the full statements for 5 years which will amount to about 100 pages, Thankyou.
Lincoln

Re: MEU3

Post by Lincoln »

The bank summary is sufficient. Make sure it is dated, signed and stamped by the bank. Thats what we did.
All things are possible
Discobolus

Post by Discobolus »

Thanks Lincoln, good of you.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Mine was accepted with the 31 Dec statement for each year
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Austin7 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:41 pm I didn't need to provide any, just copy of last 5 years tax returns
Funny , must depend on who you see . When I went for my appointment in January I was told tax returns not acceptable and she handed them back to me . :o
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

We took 5 years electric bills, passports, marriage certificate (Apostled) alien cards, and title deeds.
Discobolus

Post by Discobolus »

Just went to the Hellenic Bank in Stroumbi can only do copies of our bank statements from Jan 2015 and they want €2 a page, we have all the originals plus stamped copy of the electrical account for 5 years and the rest of the stuff they want, if that’s not good enough we will just forget it and go with the MEU1.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

I had the same problem. However, the bank gave us 5 end-of-year statements, duly signed, free-of-charge and these were accepted for MEU3. It appears that it is necessary only to show that the EoY balance is different each year.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

If all else fails, Discobolus, go see Niki in the village office and ask her to get Hambis to sign a letter confirming you have been living here legally for 5 years. Just in case you weren't aware, you will need appropriate paperwork for each applicant. Just because you can prove you've been here 5 years does not mean your wife can get her MEU3 through being married to you!
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

PW in Polemi wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:51 pm you will need appropriate paperwork for each applicant.
Are you sure? The MEU3 form includes the wife, at the bottom of the page (assuming both are EU citizens). We submitted only one set of documents for both of us and that was accepted.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Each applicant is separate. My wife and I filled in separate forms. We both have our MEU3.
All things are possible
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Bizarre! Certainly one form and one set of docs for both of us were accepted at Larnaca. We both signed the form.
Discobolus

Post by Discobolus »

If the husband and wife are treated separately why ask for the marriage certificate, I can see why if both are on the same form and treated jointly.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Devil wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:41 pm Bizarre! Certainly one form and one set of docs for both of us were accepted at Larnaca. We both signed the form.
Aaah. Puzzle solved then. Larnaca not Paphos office. We had problems with Paphos, admittedly several years ago, who initially were insisting that my then self employed husband provide bank statements for 5 years in addition to utilities, tax and social security and everything else on the list which Paphos at that time considered to be an inclusive list, not an either or list. As he pointed out to them, if he was living here illegally, he would not be paying tax and social security. He got his MEU3 without providing bank statements. As did I, but with several degrees more difficulty as the utilities were not in my name. They finally agreed to accept the letter from the village muktar, who did not know me, rather than a letter from a recently retired police inspector who did know me but apparently because he was retired, was no longer deemed to be "a person of good standing"!
Kay
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Discobolus wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:02 pm If the husband and wife are treated separately why ask for the marriage certificate, I can see why if both are on the same form and treated jointly.
But Disco, this is Cyprus! Logic does not come into the equation! 😂😂😂
Kay
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

PW in Polemi wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:16 am
Discobolus wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:02 pm If the husband and wife are treated separately why ask for the marriage certificate, I can see why if both are on the same form and treated jointly.
But Disco, this is Cyprus! Logic does not come into the equation! 😂😂😂
Perhaps because each person has to prove they can support themselves financially, have medical cover etc. so a marriage certificate shows the wife is married and therefore a Dependent of the husband.

Another situation is when we applied on-line to register with GESY and subsequently enter our details on the Beneficiary section. As well as a copy of the marriage certificate we had to produce a signed and witnessed statement that we are living at the same residential address. Perhaps this extra information was required because my husband is the only one who has an income.

Last month I applied for a Debit Card at a bank and was asked for a utility bill. When I explained they are all in my husband's name I was told to bring in the most recent bill in his name as I am 'family' and the card was issued.
Discobolus

Post by Discobolus »

Well we are going to go into an agent to see if they can sort it all out, as long as the charges aren’t over the top, might be simple and straight forward for some folk, but there is no way can I see the immigration accepting the papers we have, and so many different versions on here of people’s experiences.
Discobolus

Post by Discobolus »

Been to the agent all sorted, at immigration in a couple of weeks, didnt need 5years bank statements, just as well I didn’t get copies from the bank at €2 a sheet.
emgee

Post by emgee »

Just come back from Immigration in Pafos. Was told 3 weeks ago to come in at anytime with the paperwork, you will be given a number and will be seen in turn.

NOPE

Got an appointment for the end of July. Oh well.

If it was easy it wouldn't be Cyprus.

Kalo Paska

Alan
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

We had got reports about there being no booking system any more. It seems they were short lived.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.