Auditor-general opposes compensation for Limnes homeowners

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Auditor-general opposes compensation for Limnes homeowners

Post by Paphos Life »

The state has no obligation to compensate the homeowners of properties damaged or destroyed in a destructive and ongoing landslip in the Limnes area of Pissouri, the auditor-general Odysseas Michaelides told the Cyprus Mail on Monday....

Read the article and chat about it below...
Cactuslil

Re: Auditor-general opposes compensation for Limnes homeowners

Post by Cactuslil »

That is absolutely appalling. Those poor people have lost there homes due to greedy builders & incompetent surveyors.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

In which case, the greedy builders & incompetent surveyors should pay if the owners did not take out insurance. I don't see why I (as a contributor to the state) should pay.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

They had insurance, but it didn't cover this. That's what I read somewhere. The whole problem has been knowing who to blame.

What I don't get is how they are able to move villages like Theletra, Statos and Agios Fotios, but not able to do the same at Pissouri?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
JimX

Post by JimX »

As a recent post regarding insurance and building insurance or any '' act of god get outs'' make sure you read the small print and if necessary go to an honest lawyer.I do wish those homeowners all the very best in their fight as they will need it.
Jim.
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

Dominic wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:51 pm They had insurance, but it didn't cover this. That's what I read somewhere. The whole problem has been knowing who to blame.

What I don't get is how they are able to move villages like Theletra, Statos and Agios Fotios, but not able to do the same at Pissouri?
Yes they did have insurance & experts from other countries have agreed that the land should never have been built on due to underground water.
Angios Fotios, Statos etc were predominantly Cypriot owned - just saying!

Another landslide causing evictions is Armou.