Lidl Silvercrest Air Fryer

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Ramone

Re: Lidl Silvercrest Air Fryer

Post by Ramone »

I don't know about the Silvercrest but I have been using a Phillips Avance Airfryer for quite a while now & it is a very impressive cooker with great results. We now use it for most meals at some point. I would recommend this fryer which also comes with great reviews.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I bought the Lidl fryer and it is great. I can't compare it to any other dry fryer as it is the first one I used, but it works a treat.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

HiC, the Actifry appears to have a greater capacity and uses less oil than a lot of the competitors' mdels. Agree, the Actifry is a super gadget.
JimX

Post by JimX »

As an ex-user of hot air fryers I would never again use one for two reasons they do not work as I expected and storing the rather large units in our small house was not practical, I rarely now use our deep oil fryer but it outperforms Actifryer by a running mile, these pictures are provided in the link above to show how it cooked fish & chips, says it all really, I know Lloyd thinks they are a good investment, but never again for us, also who says deep fried food is so bad for you? as long as they are cooked at a high enough temperature they are NO worse than hot air cookers.

Seen one of these in any chip shop you have ever been in? why I ask. :) this is my opinion only.
These were cooked using the Lidl unit and the other with an Actifry. neither looks good.

Top picture is of fish & chips done in a conventional deep fryer, those below cooked in two different make air fryers, I am aware that all three methods can and do cook many other foods. Just a matter of taste I guess.
Attachments
best-classic-fish-and-chips-recipe.jpg
best-classic-fish-and-chips-recipe.jpg (97.92 KiB) Viewed 14379 times
3B2E9E3500000578-4014098-image-a-96_1481215947645.jpg
3B2E9E3500000578-4014098-image-a-96_1481215947645.jpg (90.13 KiB) Viewed 14387 times
Jim.
boycott

Post by boycott »

Jim X the top pictures are real fish and chips that have been battered fresh and professionally cooked, the bottom ones are frozen products so not a like for like comparison!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Our Lidl one did lovely chips. They looked much nicer that the ones in Joanne Gould's picture. I can only assume, if you cooked this, that you are doing something a bit wrong.
WHL

Post by WHL »

As HIC asked if anyone had used a Lidls air fryer, Jims post is about as useful as a chocolate tea pot
boycott

Post by boycott »

JimX also wrote - also who says deep fried food is so bad for you?

I suggest that you try googling "Is deep fried food bad for you?"
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

That picture of Jims chopping board Fish and chips is loads better than the other picture, I am sold :?
David
WHL

Post by WHL »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:44 am It does have a paddle (we checked yesterday), but a lower profile than the Actifry.
Never thought about buying one of these, but from putting the chips in, how long does it take for you to get crispy chips, thanks
AlanGW

Post by AlanGW »

The bottom ones from Jimx do not look too bad!
Attachments
34526AE5-9AE7-4C83-AC25-EE1E424973BD.jpeg
34526AE5-9AE7-4C83-AC25-EE1E424973BD.jpeg (136.46 KiB) Viewed 14236 times
memory man

Post by memory man »

Ramone

Post by Ramone »

Horses for courses i suppose but i really enjoy the food I can cook with my air fryer.
Oxfordboy

Post by Oxfordboy »

Typical!! I've been wanting to try one of these for ages, so after reading the reviews, I trekked all the way to Paphos only to find both Lidl's had sold out.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Thank you telling, I was just going to drive to town....

Max
RattyPatty

Post by RattyPatty »

HIC, I subscribe to Which and this Lidl fryer does not feature in its top ten buys. But four Tefal actifry models do all in the 70% + score.

I don't know if it is the same model but it was reviewed in December, black and £49.99. The review didn't dismiss it. It said it cooks chips well but the fish was dry. You had to stir the food while it was cooking.

Seems a big discrepancy in the price though so maybe not the same model but was new in December.
JimX

Post by JimX »

boycott wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:46 am Jim the top pictures are real fish and chips that have been battered fresh and professionally cooked, the bottom ones are frozen products so not a like for like comparison!

And that is my point why you would choose a cooking system that does not cook properly I fail to understand, I owned an Actifry for a year or two sold it in a boot sale near the airport, It would, of course, be impossible to cook fresh bartered fish in an air fryer. By the way, I am not a professional fish fryer but mine does come out looking like that. Would I buy another air fryer, never.
Last edited by JimX on Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim.
Reesy

Post by Reesy »

The Lidl fryer is available to buy in the U.K. for £49.99.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

JimX wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:42 am
boycott wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:46 am Jim the top pictures are real fish and chips that have been battered fresh and professionally cooked, the bottom ones are frozen products so not a like for like comparison!

And that is my point why you would choose a cooking system that does not cook properly I fail to understand, I owned an Actifry for a year or two sold it in a boot sale near the airport, It would, of course, be impossible to cook fresh bartered fish in an air fryer. By the way, I am not a professional fish fryer but mine does come out looking like that. Would I buy another air fryer, never.
I sure the world of air fryers is in mourning at your decision.

Our one produces fab results. Then again, I bought it new, from Lidl.
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

This is the latest gadget sweeping the Uk and is supposed to be excellent in every respect and quite reasonably priced - i might even try one

https://ninjakitchen.eu/uk/product/ninj ... lsrc=aw.ds