St Michael's Hospice Charity Paphos

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
PW in Polemi

St Michael's Hospice Charity Paphos

Post by PW in Polemi »

This morning was the day for the 5km charity walk to raise much needed funds for the St Michael's Hospice in Mesa Chorio, which is funded entirely by charitable donations, and charges nothing for their services.

Logicom organised a full marathon, a half marathon, a 10km race, a 5km fun run and the 5km charity walk, all scheduled for this morning and based at the Paphos harbour.

The atmosphere was lovely, with many different nationalities participating, plus all ages from babes in buggies being pushed by parents, to members of the silver haired generation.

I think we might have passed Happy in Cyprus waiting for a lone policeman to organise the traffic in the section of the road we had to walk up from the harbour, so he could continue his journey 😀. It was certainly his unmissable branded twincab ... 😀

The fund raising walk was not only enjoyable, it was a great success - the Chairman has just advised that an amazing €23000 was raised, beating last year's total by some €4000.

If you have the opportunity to join in next year, either as a participant, donor, sponsor or as a helper or marshal, you will surely benefit from a feel-good factor by helping this very worthy charity.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
ApusApus

Re: St Michael's Hospice Charity Paphos

Post by ApusApus »

That's brilliant! My wife, I and her client in a wheelchair went down this morning and just thought the harbour looked great being full of people at this time of year. :)

Shane
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Well done everybody !
Louise :)
smudger

Post by smudger »

Massive well done to all concerned, superb amount raised. Bless every one of you involved in any way x
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

As one of the half marathon runners I can tell you , it was tough but an incredible day. The crowds were lovely, so supportive particularly towards the end where it was really hard! Superbly organised and a fantastic atmosphere. Well done to everyone who helped raise money for the hospice.
josef k

Post by josef k »

A great day and well done everyone who participated. Good to see a Philippina team running for the hospice in the 5k.