pressurised water pump.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Jim B

Re: pressurised water pump.

Post by Jim B »

I bought one in One Stop on the Mesogi Road for around €130. I've bought €500 state of the art pumps that lasted about eighteen months and after going through four of them I just went and bought the cheapest I could find; it's been installed for about four years now and is working fine.

Jim
manxie

Post by manxie »

Paid 180 eur at diy peyia near eko filling station Italian make 2 year guaranty and a lot quieter than last one but to say it lasted 10 years but not over used
ast

Post by ast »

Good choice at Nikonikkos on Hellados avenue and they offer good advice too, last time I replaced ours was five years ago.
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

One stop DIY
David
JimX

Post by JimX »

Three weeks ago I had to have a new pressure pump fitted another Stuart Turner Monsson, as the last one was about ten years old, it seized up as they do, as it lasted so long we decided to go for this same British manufacturer, they are not cheap at €550 but they last, you could buy a cheaper pump but in that time you could buy five or more cheaper pumps, buy right first time, they are available in town.

Our pump is in constant daily use. :idea:
Jim.
daveg

Post by daveg »

Got original cheapie pump, now 10 yrs old, still going strong.
Maybe because it's never been exposed to the elements but is contained within the pump house?
Or maybe we have been lucky.....
JimX

Post by JimX »

All to do with the head height Lloyd, we live in a low rider bungalow and the head pressure was and still is hopeless without a pump.
Jim.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Same here, Jim. Our pump lasted more than 10 years, used every day. Got it from Q Water together with high gain panels and extra insulated hot water tank so rarely need to use the electric immersion heater, even this past winter.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:14 am I don't know how or why, but our pressure pump was bypassed or tuned off by a visiting plumber many years ago..and for the past 8 or 10 years we have relied on main water pressure only. No water pump! Which is perfect. Only when we have a rare mains failure does the pressure drop to a less than acceptable level for a few hours. Other than that we don't use, or need, a pump; mains water pressure being more than sufficient. I'm not stepping outside at 1am, but I believe we normally have 3-4 bar water pressure.
Ca 90% of Cypriot households are connected with the water tanks on the roof of the house or somewhere else, not with the mains. Usually mains water is only in the kitchen, the rest of the house then connected with the tanks. For many flats it is enough pressure in the shower when they are not high up in a complex and ca 10 m lower than the tank on the roof. (=1 bar) For all other installations one needs a pressure pump to have sufficient pressure in the shower and not only a trickle (specially after a couple of years.) In all my previous houses in Polis area I was connected with the mains as there was never a water cut. It is however in this case necessary to install a pressure reducer and adjust it to 2.5 bar, otherwise you will have a burst pipe inside the house in case suddenly fresh water pressure is rising above 4-5 bar. (it happened to me in my first house 1986)

The good thing is, if you are connected with the mains instead of the tank you can brush your teeth or have a nice shower without worries that you swallow old tank water or get it in your eyes....

Max
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Good advice if one is having a house built, but would cost more than a pump system for most people.
David