MEU3

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mrblobby

MEU3

Post by Mrblobby »

We received ours today , 6 weeks after interview so well pleased .

We did the paperwork ourselves , sorry Gweny no fee from us ....only joking .

We provided summary statement from EAC , copy rental agreements (not stamped) . A letter from our bank to confirm how long we have had our account and a jcc statement that showed our payments to cyta .
Jim B

Re: MEU3

Post by Jim B »

Good news.

Jim
Tremigirl

Post by Tremigirl »

Still waiting for our MEU3 certificates. 6 months now 🙁😠😠
TandC

Post by TandC »

Just a technical question. Do you get to keep your MEU1 original whilst you are waiting for your MEU3
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Yes, we still have the original MEU1 Yellow Slips (now filed with our other redundant residency papers and ARC booklet).

As the documents are sent to Nicosia for approval it is necessary to provide a copy of the MEU1.
TandC

Post by TandC »

Thnak you.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

My earlier post seems to have disappeared! I am also waiting for my MEU3, now its 6mths.
As I intend travelling to the UK soon will have to use my MEU1 and hopefully airport immigration officer will accept that.
Wish that immigration would get on with issuing it, there seems to be disorganisation somewhere if some people are getting theirs much more quickly.
Dee
TandC

Post by TandC »

It will be interesting to see if post Brexit Immigration at the airport do accept MEU1 for entrance to Cyprus.

With the current delays if they dont there could be a lot of people turned back!
wilky

Post by wilky »

Did I miss something where does it tell you to carry your MEU 1 or 3 if leaving Cyprus for a short break?
Dave
TandC

Post by TandC »

It was my assumption,since post brexit it may be necessary to have a visa to enter Cyprus-although we dont know yet!
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

wilky wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:59 pm Did I miss something where does it tell you to carry your MEU 1 or 3 if leaving Cyprus for a short break?
Dave
Posted on several forums and FB groups - originally from Nigel Howarth (Cyprus Property News):

I spent an informative couple of hours on Wednesday with The British High Commissioner, Stephen Lillie CMG, his team and several other guests at his residence in Nicosia.

The main subject of the meeting was preparing for Brexit. As you are probably aware, the situation with Brexit is unclear at the moment. However, Stephen Lillie provided advice on what actions British citizens who are resident in the Republic should take prior to B-Day (Brexit day - Currently 29th March):

Residency
From Nigel Howerts meetung with the HC. in Nicosia.

The minimum requirement is to have a Registration Certificate (MEU1), which should ensure your rights are protected after B-Day. If you do not have a MEU1 make an appointment with the Aliens & Immigration Unit; the Limassol unit is located at 223, Franklin Roosevelt. Providing you book your appointment before B-Day, your application will be honoured even though your interview may not be scheduled for several weeks.

Those unable to attend the Unit may appoint their partner, a friend, etc. to act on their behalf. A formal Power of Attorney is not required – a simple letter of appointment will suffice.

Further information about applying for a Registration Certificate (MEU1) and the application form may be found on the Civil Registry and Migration Department's website.

If you have a MEU1 or MEU3, take this with you if you leave the Republic even if it's just for a day. On your return present it at passport control to avoid any issues entering the Republic.

Taxation
All things are possible
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Before Cyprus was a member of the EU, a passport was all that was required for travelling, certainly no need to take your alien registrations certificate or its modern version of MEU's. If I remember correctly, your passport had an annotation of your ARC number and I imagine that in future it will have your MEU number in it. In my opinion, it is ridiculous to think about travelling with an MEU.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Devil wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:32 pm Before Cyprus was a member of the EU, a passport was all that was required for travelling, certainly no need to take your alien registrations certificate or its modern version of MEU's. If I remember correctly, your passport had an annotation of your ARC number and I imagine that in future it will have your MEU number in it. In my opinion, it is ridiculous to think about travelling with an MEU.
Why is it ridiculous?
All things are possible
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Lincoln wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:37 pm Why is it ridiculous?
Can you think of any other country that requires you to travel with an official document, just to get back home? At the most, a visa stamped in your passport should suffice.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Devil wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:28 pm
Lincoln wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:37 pm Why is it ridiculous?
Can you think of any other country that requires you to travel with an official document, just to get back home? At the most, a visa stamped in your passport should suffice.
You have not travelled very far then. All European countries now require Ex-pats to officialy register. They will also have to prove themselfs. Many countries in the middle east require a certificate of residency. The reason to carry a residency card/certificate, is inorder that the person does NOT have to apply for and obtain Visa's.

So I ask you again...Why is it ridiculous?
All things are possible
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Lincoln wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:18 pm You have not travelled very far then.
So I ask you again...Why is it ridiculous?
You haven't a clue; I've travelled far and wide. In a former life, I was commissioned to work with the UNEP, which work took me to tens of countries in Europe, Asia, Africa and the Americas. Of course, where necessary, I obtained the required visas in my passport, which was the only document I ever travelled with.

I cannot imagine an MEU3 getting you through Immigration in many countries; it is a purely Cypriot document, not a visa or a laissez-passer. Your UK passport will have a Cypriot Migration Services stamp, not that that will be even necessary to enter the country.
Pafos

Post by Pafos »

What I have seen several times is airport staff in Moscow ask for proof of residency to Russians travelling to Cyprus for extended periods. No reason to doubt that British citizens may be asked to do the same at the departure airport as third country nationals especially if you only have a one way ticket. I’ve seen Cypriot immigration check the residency paperwork of third country nationals upon arrival also.

As far as Cypriot non EU passport lines go, they take far longer to pass than the EU lines. That’s a fact. I witness this weekly.
Last edited by Pafos on Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Pafos

You are correct, when we would return to Cyprus my wife would show her yellow slip and they would take it away and photocopy it when we checked in. The last time at Manchester we had to return to the Easy jet ticket desk where we waited for an official to check the Yellow Slip, he then made a copy which he stamped and returned to my wife telling her to hand it in at the check in desk.
Having stood in the non EU Citizen queues with my wife on numerous occasions I can vouch for the longer times it takes to transit immigration.

Jim
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, Spain, Greece and TRNC, also some of the Caribbean islands - had to carry an official document to show immigration and customs stating that at that time I was residing there albeit on a temporary basis in order to exit/enter.