oxo cubes

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
stroumbipete

oxo cubes

Post by stroumbipete »

Hello all, does anyone know where my wife can get beef oxo cubes? we have been to the usual paps, alpha, philipos and ikoagora, none in stock only chicken, can't fathom why,tried knorr too salty,any info appreciated. thanks pete
trevnhil

Re: oxo cubes

Post by trevnhil »

Jim Peck the butcher in Chloraka
Trev..
Spock

Post by Spock »

Doesn't seem to be any brand of beef stock cubes available, in Paps or Lidl. I asked in Paps and they said "out of stock" (No pun intended!)
Fortunately I'm going to the UK so will be able to bring some back with me, although they sometimes cause concern at airport security.
Boldly going......
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Lidl do not have the beef stock cubes ever, they only stock (!) chicken and veg ones. Philippos have beef ones but they are not Oxo, I think they are Knorr.
smudger

Post by smudger »

This is a bit of a phenomenon here and I don't know what the answer is. Majority of stores seem to run out of the same product at the sane time, and it can be weeks before it reappears. I remember quite a few weeks ago, couldn't get mini cheddars anywhere, my granddaughter used to take them in her pack up to school. Totally unavailable all over Paphos. Rappeared about 2/3 months later. Weird. I've seen it so many times.
Anyone have an explanation??
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

I've got 3 cubes left …………………… any bids? :D

Shane
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Had the same problem for a while now, can’t find them anywhere we normally shop, resorted to Mrs W bringing a load back on her last trip to U.K.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

As the second post says...... Jim Pecks :-) :-)
Trev..
smudger

Post by smudger »

Guessed it was summat along those lines Lloyd, but couldn't really get my head round it. Happens so many times. As you say, simple stock control! Keep coming back to the Mini Cheddars, only because my granddaughter just couldn't understand why they weren't available, and I couldn't giver her an answer, then out of the blue they appeared again, everywhere!
Shogun

Post by Shogun »

In Philippos this morning and they have plenty of OXO Beef, Chicken and Veg stock cubes
What we are
What we have been
What we intend to be
is shown more in the Patience we exhibit than through any other virtue
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I read today that Paps have struck a deal with Sainsburys to carry some of their products
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

Shogun wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:03 am In Philippos this morning and they have plenty of OXO Beef, Chicken and Veg stock cubes
The Oxo Bull market has soon slid into a bit of a Bear market if you will excuse the pun
Pbee

Post by Pbee »

They had some Dewhurst beef stock cubes in Ikaogara today.
Pat
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Dewhurst ………………………… they must be well past their sell by date!

Shane
Pchome

Post by Pchome »

Paps have bisto granules the proper ones
WHL

Post by WHL »

What you need to remember is Beef, isn't the No 1 meat of choice for Cypriots, Pork, followed by chicken and lamb, also hardly any Cypriot Beef recipes call for beef stock cubes, hence the low demand for them here,as HIC said, there is one distributor for oxo cubes here in Cyprus MPM Group, they distribute a wide range of stuff,so they tend to order new stock when existing stock has nearly run out, reason for this is, they don't want to be stuck with nearly out of date goods, which they then, have to put on special offer, one plus one etc to shift them, losing them money.
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Kolios had them this morning.
Louise :)