LOST BLACK Leather Wallet

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Lincoln

LOST BLACK Leather Wallet

Post by Lincoln »

It was lost in the Long grass field at Lighthouse beach area, during the Kite Flying. If anyone finds it please either PM me or take it to the Police Station. Thanks.

I have had a very stressful morning. I was going out to purchase all the equipment and discovered my wallet missing. Money,debit cards etc etc. Searched the apt,draws,jackets,etc.Not here. It was probably lost during the Kite flying yesterday We went and searched the field in the long grass could not find it. Onto the Bank to cancel debit card and order a new one. Onto the police station report the loss and driving licence loss. Onto the citizens Service centre to report the driving licence and obtain a temporary one. All costs money.

Just got back home and having a cup of tea to calm me.
All things are possible
LouiseCastricum

Re: LOST BLACK Leather Wallet

Post by LouiseCastricum »

What a terrible and stressful experience. Just hoping that it will be found and handed over to police or that the person who finds it can trace you from the content of your wallet. Fingers crossed!
Louise :)
Cherry345

Post by Cherry345 »

Wow that is a stressful day, I really hope someone hands it in, and you should have an extra cup of tea and at some point an early beer.....hubby lost 140 euro's a couple of weeks ago while walking the dog around Tsada which was bad enough but when you are talking about your driving license and debit cards that makes it more upsetting, fingers crossed some lovely honest person finds it.
manxie

Post by manxie »

had same problem a while ago just about to report and my wife went to car and found it wedged down side of car seat !
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Many thanks for your kind wishes. I am still a bit shaken by it all but feeling better. We also searched the car and anywhere that I had been. No luck.
All things are possible
smudger

Post by smudger »

Really hope it turns it up Lincoln. I lost my purse a couple of years or so ago, so know the feeling. Devastated, and kept on checking all the places it could possibly be over and over again. Silly, but it's what we do. Eventually just wrote it off.
STELIOSBWFC

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

That is terrible news. But in future Lincoln Amazon do a small like credit card that fits in to your purse or wallet that links in to your phone and helps find it. Just look it up. Hope it turns up mate.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Really sorry about your loss Lincoln, it is very distressing and it has happened to many of us, in fact I lost my wallet when buying petrol, after filling up no wallet on me, fortunately I usually carry some hard cash with me as on this occasion, we hunted around all the places we visited that day but alas no wallet, it was when I was having the car washed several weeks later that one of the cleaners handed it to me, somehow it had dislodged to under the back seat, we did look there but being black like yours it was not seen, I gave the guy a good tip, what a relief, I wish well in the hope like me it reappears.
Jim.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Happened to me last year, in the UK ,someone found it and drove to our house to give it back to us, wouldn't take a reward, there aer good people still.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Just found my post on this, I still feel bad ,when thinking of my reaction towards this man.

Would just like to share this with you, I was recently back in London, and after a day out in the west end, and food shopping we got back home about 8pm, whilst emptying my pockets, I couldn't find my wallet, went back to the car, searched it inside out, but couldn't find it, panic then sets in, I had my credit cards, UK driving licence, and about two hundred sterling in cash, my wife then sat on the phone trying to ring Banks etc.... just then theres a ring on the door bell, who the **** is that, as I was anoyed and angry at losing the wallet, I answered the door and there was a man about 50-60 years old, he was wearing Muslim clothing and the white skull cap they wear, I thought not now mate, I dont want to buy anything, and was about to give him short shrift....In a soft voice he said, excuse me sir for disturbing you, but I was in the Supermarket car park and as I got out of the car, I noticed this wallet on the ground, I saw your address on the driving licence, and thought I would bring it back to you, as I know having lost a wallet of my own in the past, you would be worried, well I felt like shit, I asked him to come in for a hot drink as it was wet and cold, and he said thank you, but I start work shortly, I then opened the wallet and tried to give him some money as a reward, he wouldn't take a penny, and said sir I didn't do this for any reward, my reward is helping a fellow human being, I insisted, but all he said was , Sir if you want to give something please give it to charity, (which I did)... he then wished me well and left for work..... working nights the guy obviously isnt wealthy, so he obviously could of done with the money, the supermarket was half an hours drive away, so the result of this was, shame on me for judging someone without waiting to see what they wanted, and it humbled me to see what good people there are out there, especially our wrongly held views on Muslims, and it taught me a big lesson,...... sorry to have rumbled on , but I thought I needed to share this.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

A couple of guys drove all the way from Paphos to Polemi to return a wallet to me which I didn't even know I had lost. It wasn't that long after we had moved here.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

My wallet must have slipped out of my pocket a few years back when on the intercity bus to Limassol. Reported it to the bus company in the hope it may have been found by a cleaner, but sadly no luck!

I hope you may have more success in being reunited with yours Lincoln.