Driving Licence Exchange-Govt info.(UK)

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Lincoln

Driving Licence Exchange-Govt info.(UK)

Post by Lincoln »

Driving licence exchange for UK nationals living in the EU
If you are a UK licence holder living in the EU or EEA you should exchange your UK driving licence for a local EU driving licence before 29 March 2019. From that date, in the event that there is no EU Exit deal, you may have to pass a driving test in the EU country you live in to be able to carry on driving there.
You should consider exchanging your UK driving licence for an EU driving licence as soon as possible. Increased demand may lead to longer processing times and delays to exchanging driving licences the closer it is to 29 March 2019.
You can drive on your EU licence when visiting the UK.
If you return to live in the UK, provided you passed your driving test in the UK or another specified country, you can exchange your EU licence for a UK licence without taking another test.
All things are possible
trevnhil

Re: Driving Licence Exchange-Govt info.(UK)

Post by trevnhil »

I think I am right in saying that you cannot exchange a UK licence for a Cypriot one, until you have been living here for 6 months
Trev..
Jamboal

Post by Jamboal »

As far as I know as long as you have your yellow slip, we changed our licences after living here 5 months with no problem.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

How very strange.. These words... " Only Cyprus residents who can prove they have lived in the country for six months are eligible to apply for any Cyprus Driving Licence or take any Cyprus Driving Test."
Are from the following site..

http://cyprusdriving.net/residency-requirements/
Trev..
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Note 17 of the TOM7B form clearly states that "applicant must reside in Cyprus for at least 180 days".

Shane