Tavernaki

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Re: Tavernaki

Post by trevnhil »

I was told that the Acropolis was owned by a relative of Chris's.. If he is moving there it is a big step, to a much bigger place.. We use the To Tavernaki from time to time and it certainly is good value for money.. A three course meal and a drink for €10.. Difficult to beat that..
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

The resturant the Tavernaki is moving to the Acropolis venue and yes they are related.No idea what will become of the Tavernaki.
Jim.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Well it is a better venue with off road parking to the rear, regarding value for money we shall have to wait and see, I wish it every success.
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Here is an update ... As a previous customer, I received a phone call today telling me that the new venture had not worked out.
And so Chris is moving back to the old premises and continuing as before.. I was not given an opening date, and indeed it may already be open. I was told that Chris would like to welcome all previous customers, and indeed any new ones to the premises he was in before.

Good Luck Chris.. We will be rejoining you when we can..
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

Very odd this but it could be family related problem, at this moment the old Tavernaki is now Chris's Take Away as David posted, until someone actually tries both we will not know, have to say the last time we ate in the Acropolis last summer the food was average to say the least.
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

As I mentioned I had a phone call yesterday to say the venture with or at the Acropolis was not working and Chris was moving back to the old premises.
The caller did give his name (which I have forgotten) and said he was phoning on behalf of Chris and had a book from Chris with peoples telephone numbers in it..
Time will tell I suppose..
Trev..
smudger

Post by smudger »

This sounds very strange. I thought the reason Chris moved to the Acropolis was due to him being unable to get a licence for the Tavernaki premises???
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I read this on a local FB page yesterday:

''I have been asked by Chris (Christoph), the owner of "To Tavernaki" restaurant / taverna, in the Mesogi Road, Mesogi, to let everybody know that his (brief) association / amalgamation with the Acropolis restaurant, at that set of traffic lights, has ended, and the two restaurants are now again separate. He has returned to running his own restaurant just down from those lights. He would be very happy to see his old customers again one day if they would like to go back to the To Tavernaki. His telephone number is 99058122. He thanks you for your support''.
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Maybe someone took over the old Tavernaki and is trying to attract customers???? Just guessing !
Louise :)
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

No, it is Chris that is returning to run the restaurant that was the To Tavernaki
Trev..
memory man

Post by memory man »

trevnhil wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:24 pm As a previous customer, I received a phone call today telling me that the new venture had not worked out.
And so Chris is moving back to the old premises and continuing as before.. I was not given an opening date, and indeed it may already be open. I was told that Chris would like to welcome all previous customers, and indeed any new ones to the premises he was in before.

Good Luck Chris.. We will be rejoining you when we can..

We got the same phone call this morning.
JimX

Post by JimX »

I see no problems with the two venues going back to their old status, and I really do not need to know why personally, but why have they got your phone numbers? I have never given this over to a restaurant, maybe in the guise of special offers? I hope the Tavernaki goes back to it's former ways, only problem we found is parking, although it is not too far for us just to walk. :)
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

The Tavernaki having customers phone numbers is no mystery.. When we phoned to book a table we were usually asked for our telephone number..
Trev..
smudger

Post by smudger »

It's not a matter of both venues going back to their old status, nor of the situation between the two restaurants falling apart. Chris made it very clear prior to moving to the Acropolis that he had been refused a licence, for various reasons, not the least of which was lack of disabled access. This is serious and could result in serious consequences.
Much as I loved the former To Tavernaki, I would prefer to know the true facts behind the move to the Acropolis as well as the relocation back to the old premises.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Trev while I understand the circumstances of people giving their phone contacts the owners should not use those for commercial reasons, in my humble.

I hope all is resumed amicably and we will use Chris Taverna again. Easy for us just to pop in and make any reservations.

No need to phone Chris ;)
Jim.
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

Just seen this on FB
Acropolis Tavern
Yesterday at 11:57 AM ·
Dear Customers / Friends
We would like to inform you that since our collaborative re-openning on the 15th of March 2019 nothing has changed.

In fact, with regards to the rumors saying that our prices are rising, it is NOT true. Our menu and meal prices remain the same, as well as the €10 set menu. In addition, the quality of the food has been improved significantly as well as our service.

Therefore, we would like to advice all our Guests / Friends not to be confused regarding other recent write ups on social media.

We remain Tavernaki in Acropolis!
Please feel free to contact us on 26270314 to book your table and or to find out more about upcoming events or send us an email on charlottechanguion@gmail.com

Our NEW website will be up and running within the next few weeks, where you can also Google our upcoming events and view our menus.

We are looking forward welcoming you to the Tavernaki in Acropolis!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

This is strange... I called into the Tavernaki building yesterday and spoke to a young woman there who was not good with English.. She took my phone number and said Chris would call..
He did call later in the day and I booked a table for tomorrow..
However now I am left wonder which building i am supposed to go to :-) I will find out later by phone.
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Having had a siesta, I have made a call the the telephone that Chris phoned me on yesterday..
Although I did not speak to Chris his self the lady who answered confirmed that I had a booking, for Tomorrow and that I was to come the the Tavernaki building and not the Acropolis.
I repeat, this call was to the phone that Chris called me on yesterday..

However later tomorrow I will know a little more..
Trev..
memory man

Post by memory man »

We were at To Tavernaki last night, which was not at the Acropolis building.
It was at the original building.
The prices were exactly as before eg. €10 for the set menu.

Chris was looking very well and also very cheerful, to see so many
of his ex-regulars.

The only difference was having some cooking equipment inside
which meant less tables.
This is only a temp. measure.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thanks for that update Brian.. i did notice the cooking equipment inside when i called yesterday .
I am glad to hear that Chris is looking well :-)
Trev..