EU Residents with M55 Blue Form & Passport Stamp

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Tuppence

EU Residents with M55 Blue Form & Passport Stamp

Post by Tuppence »

I don't know if the following applies to anyone on the forum but it was recently posted on the Tala Blog

EU RESIDENTS WITH PERMANENT RESIDENCE M55 BLUE FORM & PASSPORT STAMP

Posted: 25 Feb 2019 04:38 AM PST

This information has been supplied by an affected resident and confirmed by Cyprus Immigration Authorities and Gwennys Red Tape.

Please note that the existing Permanent residence M55 blue form and passport stamp and intended replacement of these with a plastic card, has been cancelled by Cyprus Immigration for all non-EU nationals. Similarly, if you currently have a laminated card confirming permanent residency, this too has been cancelled for UK expats.

If you have the M55 and passport stamp, or plastic laminated card, you will need to apply for an MEU3 [permanent residency].

To do this you will need to visit the Paphos Immigration office with your passport to make an appointment. You will be given an appointment date [likely to be July onwards at the present time] and a list of documents you need to produce at that meeting. Please note that whilst they will ask for 5 years supporting documentation, these should be five years of ONE OF the following: water, phone or electricity bills, OR bank statements. A full 5 years without any gaps is required.

A photograph will be taken at the time of your appointment and the MEU3 will be posted to you in due course.

Sometime [2020 onwards or whenever Brexit has been resolved!] the MEU3 for UK expats will be replaced with another document as the MEU3 is for European residents which we will no longer be! What the process for this will be is as yet unknown.
trevnhil

Re: EU Residents with M55 Blue Form & Passport Stamp

Post by trevnhil »

I am just struggling with the last sentence in particular....
" Sometime [2020 onwards or whenever Brexit has been resolved!] the MEU3 for UK expats will be replaced with another document as the MEU3 is for European residents which we will no longer be! What the process for this will be is as yet unknown. "

Whoever the 'We' is supposed to cover, they will still be European residents if they lived in Europe before Brexit..
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I was told a few months ago that the only recognised documents are the MEU 1 and MEU 3 and people who had permanent residence visas in their passports or Pink Slips or ARC Booklets had to change them to the MEU3. At the MEU3 interview I was told that I would be issued with a Yellow Slip showing that I have Permanent Residence and at a later date this would be automatically exchanged for another document or possibly ID Card. If I was a holder of a MEU1 Yellow Slip then at the later date I would have to provide documentation proving that I had been living in Cyprus, similar to the documentation I had to provide for the MEU3, in order to qualify for the new residence document.
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

trevnhil wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:44 pm I am just struggling with the last sentence in particular....
" Sometime [2020 onwards or whenever Brexit has been resolved!] the MEU3 for UK expats will be replaced with another document as the MEU3 is for European residents which we will no longer be! What the process for this will be is as yet unknown. "

Whoever the 'We' is supposed to cover, they will still be European residents if they lived in Europe before Brexit..
The MEU forms are for UNION citizens. It says so at the top of the form.
Louise :)