Plant ID

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Cherry345

Plant ID

Post by Cherry345 »

I seem to be having a bit of trouble uploading pictures, I have resized this picture and added it as an attachment but it's not letting me see what it will look like on the page, so there is either a chance I have uploaded nothing or that the picture is going to be really tiny lol.
Anyway, in case it has uploaded properly, does anyone have any idea what this plant is called and if there is anything I can do to help it as it looks very bedraggled, it was left here by the previous owners.

If nothing has uploaded then I will have another go later...and sorry in advance for messing up a new topic lol.
Attachments
succulent pic 3.jpg
succulent pic 3.jpg (25.14 KiB) Viewed 2084 times
Cherry345

Re: Plant ID

Post by Cherry345 »

Well that is pretty cool, as now I have submitted my post I can see the picture, I would have liked it a bit bigger so next time will try to go for a higher size.

Is there a way to see what the picture looks like before hitting submit...does anyone know?

Thanks
Lofos-5

Post by Lofos-5 »

“Full Editor & Preview” button next to Submit should help!
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

From what I can see, it looks like a member of the aloe family and it may well be struggling with too much water ...
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
Cherry345

Post by Cherry345 »

Thanks, PW, I will do a search under Aloe's and see if I can find it and see if I need to separate the little ones from the big one....good thought about to much water, thanks.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Cherry345 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:01 pm Thanks, PW, I will do a search under Aloe's and see if I can find it and see if I need to separate the little ones from the big one....good thought about to much water, thanks.
Many plants reproduce by growing plantlets beside the parent. Once you have plantlets, it is relatively easy to remove them and grow them on. I say relatively because it seems to usually be rather prickly plants that reproduce like this ... 😀
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
Cherry345

Post by Cherry345 »

Hi David, can't see a pm anywhere lol...where did it go :D

Thanks PW, that is interesting to know about the babies growing next to the mom plant, very cool, I will take them out and replant and then repot the big one, I have already moved it somewhere sheltered as I think you are right and there has been to much rain for the poor thing....many thanks.