Floor Cleaner

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Cherry345

Re: Floor Cleaner

Post by Cherry345 »

I have a steam cleaner you are welcome to borrow, it's only a smallish one but it does all of our floors and our house is a good size, I also have a really good recipe for grout cleaner, as when we moved into this house all of the grout was pretty awful, but now it is all white again, we are in Tsada but quite often pop down to Paphos, let me know if I can help.
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Would like to have your recipe for grout cleaner. Can you post it here please?
Louise :)
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Once again the good deeds come to the fore. Well done Cherry. :D
All things are possible
Cherry345

Post by Cherry345 »

I spent ages researching the best thing for cleaning grout, and in the end, it was something really simple and it worked like magic, I also quite enjoyed doing them and watching them come back to their original colour.
All you do is buy some Bicarbonate of Soda (not baking powder) and some hydrogen peroxide which you can buy from Smarts, or I have also found it downstairs in Alphamega at the part which reminds me of a pharmacy dept, the small bottles cost about a euro, buy about four to six bottles and then you can see if you need more, it all depends on the size of the floor that you want to do.
You put the hydrogen peroxide into a spray bottle....I just emptied out one of my kitchen spray bottles gave it a wash and put the hydrogen peroxide in there.
Then you get down on your hands and knees and sprinkle the Bicarbonate of soda onto the grout making sure the grout between the tiles is covered with the powder, then you spray it with the hydrogen peroxide and wait for ten minutes.
After the ten minutes, you rub it with an old dry toothbrush and you will see it all go back to its original colour, it’s really easy and quite satisfying really.

Also, thank you for your kind words Lincoln as that made me smile lol.