Down at the harbour

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Down at the harbour

Post by Dominic »

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
ApusApus

Re: Down at the harbour

Post by ApusApus »

Yes, it was surprisingly very sunny this morning!

Shane
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, so it was in Chloraka, in fact it was dry all day here. However Kissonerga had a reasonably heavy rain shower which shows how localised these showers are. Here it was a good day to do the washing!

Dee
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

I went out for my walk this afternoon. Black clouds above the mountains but a clear blue sky on the coast.Only did a couple of miles. Temp around 16c and thankfully the wind had dropped since yesterday. No pics, sorry, for today, but a fortnight ago we were enjoying temperatures above 20c.
IMG_20190203_164258537_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190203_164258537_HDR.jpg (144.43 KiB) Viewed 2205 times
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

20C+ and not a pair of shorts in sight! :)

Shane
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

Sunday is the day the locals go down to the harbour, so temps of 20c means it is still winter. One Easter, when it was around 25c, a doctor told one of our neighbours he should have a vest and jumper on, to keep his chest warm. The picture I posted was taken on 3rd February when the temperature was 19c. On the Tuesday it was around 25c. That day I was too warm in my long trousers, vest and t shirt, as, when I set off, I had no idea it would be that warm, but some locals were still wrapped up.

For someone coming on holiday during January and February, they need to bring clothes suitable for an English winter, but also clothes for temps around 20c during the day. We have known it around 0c at the harbour and snow and below zero in Anarita at night.
Spock

Post by Spock »

Was on the headland at Paphos last week, in a biting wind, all wrapped up in jumpers and coat wooly hat and gloves.
Couldn't believe the tourist that were wandering about in shorts and thin T-shirts.
Boldly going......