Apfelstrudel 2.0

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Apfelstrudel 2.0

Post by cyprusmax47 »

I thought I start a new thread with a photo after "Devil" posted yesterday about the Apfelstrudel he bought at Lidl. As cooking is one of my favourite things to do I always modify recipes.
Reading the instructions on the package it says: defrost four hours OR alternatively heat in the oven....or use 3 min. microwave...

I defrosted one piece of the three in that pack overnight in the fridge and found this morning that the "Strudel" is already cooked, so no need to heat it up. But I did as I remembered in the past in Italy that they served Apfelstrudel always luke warm. Instead to heat the oven for such a tiny piece of cake I melted little butter in a Teflon pan and heated the Strudel on low heat for 10 min., turning it 2-3 times. Ready!

Now I added some ingredients I thought will be nice: vanilla sugar, bit a cardamom + cinnamon and on top a spoon of Marcarpone instead of cream.

Considering frozen food and that good price it tasted quite authentic and I am going this morning to get some more if it is not already sold.. ;)

Max
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: Apfelstrudel 2.0

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Well, I rushed into the next Lidl, Mesoyi, at midday and got 10 packs of it and there was still plenty of them... As they are 3 separate pieces it is ideal if I go for picnic with friends as a easy pudding...

Max
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

I make these very simple apple turnovers my self and use a sugar free apricot jam. Very easy and very nice. I would love the Lidl Apfelstrudel but will contain too much sugar for me. :-(

https://video.cookist.com/video/an/WW8dv-Sw3XRhsyjW/p1/
Louise :)
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

LouiseCastricum wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:23 am I make these very simple apple turnovers my self and use a sugar free apricot jam. Very easy and very nice. I would love the Lidl Apfelstrudel but will contain too much sugar for me. :-(

https://video.cookist.com/video/an/WW8dv-Sw3XRhsyjW/p1/
It has 20 gr sugar (I believe mainly fruit sugar as there is a lot of apple) per piece and only 200 kcal......

Max