Rover Freelander

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Arrowhire

Rover Freelander

Post by Arrowhire »

Would it be worthwhile bringing over a Rover Land Rover to Cyprus? I know that the preference is for Japanese cars due to ease of getting parts but I have this in the UK.
Thoughts anyone?
robf

Re: Rover Freelander

Post by robf »

I doubt it is the spare parts that is the problem, Which do not recommend due to reliability issues. People tend to go for Honda, Mitsubishi etc because they are more reliable.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

If you put it on the Grimaldi Ferry from either Bristol or Southampton before the end of the month it should arrive before the end of March. After that it will be unchartered territory as to whether you will have to pay import duty.
There are a large number of Range Rovers on the island so there must be dealerships though most probably in Limmasol.
Jim
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

If you choose the Grimali ferry do not leave any items in the vehicle. You are not allowed to accompany the vehicle and many times I have heard that items were missing when the vehicle arrived. Just saying. :!: :)
All things are possible
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Japanese cars as said are extremely reliable that is why there are so many here, parts are also readily available even if some are from written off vehicles.
I agree, get shut and buy a Toyota or a Honda.
David
emgee

Post by emgee »

Does anyone remember on "Top Gear" on TV when a Land Rover could not climb a (road) hill. Land Rover tried to stop the BBC from showing it but failed. When we came here, we wanted to buy British but felt that the Land Rovers were not reliable enough and ended up with a new Suzuki Grand Vitara which we kept for 9 years and not a days trouble with.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

My mum has the Freelander model (5 door estate) which was introduced in 2004. They bought it in 2007 if I recall correctly after they went back to our home town from Knott End to visit their dentists and took a trip to Carcraft in Rochdale. They went out in one car and came back the same afternoon in the Freelander.
Mum still has it and loves it to bits. We go shopping in it with her every Saturday morning along with her next door neighbour.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
oylero

Post by oylero »

We imported our Land Rover Discovery in 2012. Had no major mechanical problems with it. Normal maintenance and service locally is readily available, as are parts. Cyprus is a great country for offroading and Land Rovers … as well as Toyota Land Cruisers, Mitsubishi Pajeros +others … are great vehicles for exploring the many many offroad tracks. But join a club to learn the best trails to do together, in safety.
oylero