Service and paintwork

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
bmwx5

Service and paintwork

Post by bmwx5 »

The car was looking a bit jaded after a few years of sun damage and a couple of dents from various supermarket car parks also needed an A service. Checked a few places but told could do one but not both. Heard an advert on Sunshine radio for David Mitchell motors Geriskipou and was given a quote. Dropped the car off and was ready within 5 days looked like new however on picking it back up I was told I needed new tyres which they didn't do. Popped into the place near Andys barbers opposite Leon's bar Geriskipou for a quote told I needed 4 new tyres although all had sufficient tread the sidewalls had been sun damaged and cracked. Got a decent price but only had so much cash on me and they didn't take cards so I said I would come back later , told that's ok we will fit the tyres and come back later with payment.
I was pleasantly surprised and made me think how many other establishments would have made the same proposition.
Lincoln

Re: Service and paintwork

Post by Lincoln »

Love it-only in Cyprus. I decided to fit a complete lock assembly. Went to the local little DIY shop and asked to look at what he had. Chose the one I thought would do the job. What if it will not fit said I, he said take it and try it first-no payment . It fitted so went back to pay. I also got a discount.
All things are possible
WHL

Post by WHL »

One of the reasons l love living here. I've had many instances like the above, but we tend to just hear negative things
garry&jill

Post by garry&jill »

Wait and see if you come back to U.K. it cost a £1 to pump your tyres up
no free air there now
garry
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

garry&jill wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:22 am Wait and see if you come back to U.K. it cost a £1 to pump your tyres up
no free air there now
garry
Well don't forget the attendant has to get on his knees to take the valve caps off. And also he may have to move stuff in the boot to get to the spare tyre ;-) ;-)
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:33 pm
garry&jill wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:22 am Wait and see if you come back to U.K. it cost a £1 to pump your tyres up
no free air there now
garry
Well don't forget the attendant has to get on his knees to take the valve caps off. And also he may have to move stuff in the boot to get to the spare tyre ;-) ;-)
Trev its do it yourself, no attendant.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:23 pm Was shocked today when our son, who lives just outside Cambridge, told us to expect to pay £25 a day just to park in Cambridge!!! Lunacy!
Whats a lot worse is car parking charges in Hospitals, was over in London recently, and visiting someone twice a day.. the amount they charge is a disgrace,

even Hospital staff have to pay,
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... g-car.html
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

You're having a Larf ha ha.. Where have I mentioned car park charges..
Re 'Follow the thread '.. Yes Sir !!!
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

David Brown wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:27 am Sorry but the post was about service and bodywork,how on earth has it degenerated to car park charges.
Follow the thread.
Looks like Trev is sabotaging the post yet again.
I don't think it has degenerated?, like most threads, one reply leads to another, and as you say the OP mentioned Service, which the service between here and the UK is being talked about.
smudger

Post by smudger »

"I hear what you say but from service and bodywork to parking charges makes no sense.If you want to talk about parking charges open a new thread."

Apart from the fact that deciding if/when members are incorrect in the posts they make is the business of the moderator, not you, I think you need to get your facts right, Trev did not hijack this thread. An apology is in order.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

David, in a way I agree with you. It can be irritating for the O.P who started the thread if people digress using this thread to chat about unrelated topics. These could be the subject of a different post....

Dee
smudger

Post by smudger »

I didn't suggest there was a link between the two.

It's the moderators business how threads are run on the site, not yours. As others have said, it's the nature of these boards, threads divert and meander. Perhaps when you've been around a little longer you'll understand.

Trev didn't hijack the thread. End of.
lotus

Post by lotus »

Here we go again!!,I agree with David ,diversifying from the original post!!!!,
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Well, I wish that a moderator would step in on this thread! And Smudger, I’ve ‘been around for ages’ as you put it. I don’t think that the length of time that one has been on a board is particularly relevant to either the OP’s post or your comment.

Dee
smudger

Post by smudger »

I'm at a loss why you find my remarks offensive, but just to clarify for the third time, at least, Trev did not hijack the thread.

Dee, my comment re being around a long time was simply to elaborate that threads go off topic, constantly, it's what happens. David seems offended by this, I have no idea why, but it happens, those of us who have been around a while simply accept it and get on with life. It's just not an issue. David seems determined to turn it into one, I have no idea why.
Lofos-5

Post by Lofos-5 »

David, if anyone is diverting from service and paintwork it’s you! We are now on a second page due to your insistence of making a point that no one else seems to be bothered about ... just give it a rest! Enjoy your fridge 😎!

A.
smudger

Post by smudger »

Actually David, you did.

"Sorry but the post was about service and bodywork,how on earth has it degenerated to car park charges.
Follow the thread.
Looks like Trev is sabotaging the post yet again."

For the fourth or fifth time - I'm losing count now - TREV DID NOT SABOTAGE THREAD!!!!! IT WAS NOT HIM WHO MENTIONED CAR PARKING CHARGES!!!

Read it all again. You keep repeating - along with questionable asides and insinuations - that I have not answered your question. I have, several times, you choose to ignore it. Your choice.

Just please get your facts right.
smudger

Post by smudger »

I am answering you for about the sixth time now I believe, the 'fact' you got wrong was that Trev diverted the thread. He did not. See my myriad previous posts proving this.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

no free air there now
garry
THIS was the first post to divert the thread, mentioning the cost of inflating tyres in the UK..
Was it a post from me ??? NO it Wasn't..
Trev..
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I think that DB owes an apology.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy