Currency fair.Problems?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Chaddy

Currency fair.Problems?

Post by Chaddy »

Last week I sent to, and instructed Currency Fair some GBP to convert into euros and deposit into my Cyprus bank account.Like I have done for the past 4/5 years with no problems.Ive received an email off them saying they are having trouble with their GBP account and can not make the transfer,,,,yet...Ive emailed them back with no response.
Anyone else having problems?
Jamboal

Re: Currency fair.Problems?

Post by Jamboal »

Hi Chaddy, not sure if this is the same issue, in December my wife had to update her account with CF as they had changed their receiving account and would not allow her to transfer money to them until she did this. I had updated my account with them as I use their service regularly so didn’t have any problems.

Allan.
sued51

Post by sued51 »

I tried to send money from my sterling account to Hellenic on Saturday via an Auto Transaction, I received the e mail telling me I should make the transfer, but instead of then receiving another one saying the transaction was completed I had one saying the funds had been exchanged and were in euros in my CF account. I then looked at my CF account and the funds were shown as having been transferred out - as it had been done over a weekend I wouldn't expect them to arrive until tomorrow, so I'll contact Hellenic then to see if they've arrived, definitely not the usual routine, but I don't usually transfer money over a weekend, maybe something to do with the markets being closed as that info popped up on the screen.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Thanks for the replies,its 6.30pm now Cypriot time and I,ve heard nowt off Currency fair.I need this money,what do I do.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Why not give them a ring, I have always found them to be helpful ..

+353 1 526 8411
CurrencyFair, Phone
Trev..
Jamboal

Post by Jamboal »

Have you checked your CF account online? Should be some information there, could be a case of updating it.
El tel

Post by El tel »

Does anyone know if the problem with Currency Fair has been resolved. Intending to transfer funds soon and would appreciate any feed back. Thanks .

Terry
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Hopefully Chaddy will supply and update..
Trev..
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

I've just done a transfer this afternoon. Can't remember what time I set up transfer with Nationwide but got message from CurrencyFair at 1659 to say funds arrived. Set up my own exchange rate which was acknowledged at 1713 & then message at 1733 to say funds had been transferred to my Cyprus bank account.

I did send them a message yesterday to ask if there were any problems & got a quick reply to say everything working normally.

I transfer funds approximately once a month. When I logged into my account yesterday there was some updating to do along the lines of what currencies do I exchange, how often & also had to provide proof of address. Bills are all in my husband's name, I pay everything on-line, & all our post comes to our post box! We also moved 4 years ago & our old address was still on the account but I sent a copy of our rental agreement which had on it our old address & our present address & that seems to have been accepted.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Glad to say that the funds have finally arrived in our account here after six days but does include the weekend.But makes me wonder will my next transfer request take six days next time?
El tel

Post by El tel »

Thanks for the feedback , much appreciated.

Terry
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

David Brown wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:03 am We had problems with currency fair regarding the excessive charges,
We now use Smart who are far more efficient and the charges are very reasonable.
the transfers are almost instant with bank transfer.
I would be interested to know what the 'Excessive Charges' amounted to?. I have used them in recent weeks and the charge was the same as previous transactions, just €3 ..
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

Re TransferWise that we use, we made a transfer via debit card last week (1K) it was in our BOC same day, the charge €8's I feel TW is the best, and I have tried all of the above in my time here.
Jim.
Jamboal

Post by Jamboal »

I find Currency Fair transfer money in to my Hellenic bank account usually within a day where it takes about a week for money to arrive in our BoC account so issue might not be with Currency Fair.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

A visit to CF and TW websites shows their fees .
Attachments
E7EC25B0-1328-426E-8200-E4B382357406.jpeg
E7EC25B0-1328-426E-8200-E4B382357406.jpeg (120.01 KiB) Viewed 5302 times
9FB44C01-750F-42CA-B891-F6F019C1E5CD.jpeg
9FB44C01-750F-42CA-B891-F6F019C1E5CD.jpeg (109.38 KiB) Viewed 5302 times
Last edited by Mrblobby on Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thank you for that Mr Blobby .
Trev..
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

This is a bit odd. I’ve put several 100k through CF over the years and, like Trevor, never paid more than a flat rate of €3 per transaction which made them a much better option than TransferWise. This is still shown on their web page - no charge to send sterling to your sterling account with them (unless your own bank charges you if you choose a rapid payment option, or in excess of their online banking limits, and no CF fee to send Euros to a SEPA zone country, Cyprus is one. The local banks MAY choose to charge for processing an in long international transfer. This is shown on their website on the from the same page - different titled option though,that Mr Blobby has posted the screenshot of.

Ian

https://www.currencyfair.com/how-it-wor ... anguage=en
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I have been a customer of Currency Fair for some years and transferred varying amounts and have never paid them more than the €3 fee for each transaction. I never start a transaction on the day prior to a weekend or public holiday to ensure the transaction is completed a maximum of 24 hours after the initial deposit. My Cyprus bank does charge a flat rate of €2 per transaction if the incoming amount is over €2000.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Just transferred a sum of money via Currency Fair for the usual €3 fee.
Jamboal

Post by Jamboal »

Transferred money on Friday in my bank account Monday usual €3 charge, always happy with Currency Fair.