Bottled Water

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mike J

Bottled Water

Post by Mike J »

Does anyone know of a low or zero sodium bottled water brand sold on the island ? Most seem to be from 28Ml per litre or much higher and as part of my new sodium free diet I'm looking for something less to quench the thirst and use in tea etc.
Cheers
Mike
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Bottled Water

Post by Devil »

Buy a deionising column for your tap water. It will reduce Na ions and other ones to quasi-zero. Why sodium-free? Could be dangerous, as the body must have sodium.
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Yes, sodium free a bit of an overstatement but much reduced from the 2000+ mg allowance and just looking at things I eat and drink that could take the strain to allow me to enjoy stuff that does contain salt. In Italy where we go each year the bottled water boasts 0.5 mg sodium per litre and I wondered if there was such a beast here in Cyprus
If not where can I purchase said deiomising column please ?
Cheers

Mike
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Mike J wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:58 am Does anyone know of a low or zero sodium bottled water brand sold on the island ? Most seem to be from 28Ml per litre or much higher and as part of my new sodium free diet I'm looking for something less to quench the thirst and use in tea etc.
Cheers
Mike

I buy since years: Vikos Mineral Water at Lidl's as it is stored much more careful in hot summer than most waters sold in Cyprus. It will be on special offer next week. Here link with analysis etc... https://www.water.gr/en/products/vikos/1-vikos-1-5-l which shows it is low in Sodium...

Max
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

What do you mean by '28Ml per litre'? 'Ml' means megalitre or 1 million litres. I think you may mean either 28 µg per litre (µg/l), which is exceptionally low or 28 mg/l, which is exceptionally high. I'm not just being pedantic but, if you use wrong units, you may be deceiving yourself.
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Many thanks for spotting the mistake , yes I meant 28mg/l which as you say is high
https://gulfnews.com/going-out/society/ ... -1.2012341
Saint Nicholas here is 21mg/l and the one I was buying in 15 litre bottles was 37mg/l .
I shall hot foot it to Lidl next week and stock up .

Thanks

Mike