Kyrenia mountains ?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Kyrenia mountains ?

Post by cyprusmax47 »

There were very funny clouds developing yesterday morning which looked like the Kyrenia mountains towards Karavas/Lapithos...

just to compare with

Max
Cherry345

Re: Kyrenia mountains ?

Post by Cherry345 »

We saw something similar driving towards Tsada a few days ago, it looked like there were mountains above the hills.
I have never really studied clouds before coming to Cyprus but the clouds here are amazing, not knowing much about clouds it was fascinating one day to see the clouds going in opposite directions....brilliant pictures Max.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Cherry345 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:39 am We saw something similar driving towards Tsada a few days ago, it looked like there were mountains above the hills.
I have never really studied clouds before coming to Cyprus but the clouds here are amazing, not knowing much about clouds it was fascinating one day to see the clouds going in opposite directions....brilliant pictures Max.

Another picture of the many I photographed on the same morning, which again looks like mountains behind the bank of clouds....

Max
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Perhaps the Turks are moving them closer on the sly?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Mountains and sea close together.... I loved so much that my first years in Cyprus, in the early 70', I was spending in the area around Kyrenia until the troubles in 1974. This was the reason I settled years on in the Polis area as it was a bit similar (but only a bit) to the "North"....

Max