Driving in your “Dotage”

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Re: Driving in your “Dotage”

Post by WHL »

Phil will not be charged, well there's a surprise.. :shock: did anyone think he would be. :lol:
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

He would never have been charged - same as Queenie is still pictured driving with no seat belt....
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

I think he may have been if he hadn't surrendered his licence. He is in no way above the law (unlike the queen).
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I think we all knew what the outcome would be, so yes, no surprise.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
boycott

Post by boycott »

If they had prosecuted him and bearing in mind that he has given up his driving licence what punishment can the courts give him? A fine is not going to be a problem, points on his licence not an issue as he has given it up.
In reality very few people are taken to court for being the cause of road accidents, to many accidents and no real value prosecuting them, let the insurance companies sort it out.

Some people have asked about the Queen driving without her seat belt on, for all we know she may be exempt from wearing one AND as she is the Queen she is above the law so cannot be prosecuted.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Devil wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:46 pm I think he may have been if he hadn't surrendered his licence. He is in no way above the law (unlike the queen).
And I'm sure he was advised of the very same, hence why no mention was made of an impending prosecution when the initial statement was released that he had surrendered his licence...
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

An elderly man seen driving in the Sandringham area wearing a ladies wig with what looks like a crown on his head has the local police baffled.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

:lol:
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.