Game of Thrones season 8

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
memory man

Game of Thrones season 8

Post by memory man »

You might want to set your alarms also as Sky Atlantic, which airs the series in the UK,
has also confirmed they will simulcast the series with the first episode airing at 2am UK time on Monday April 15.

If you can’t manage to stay up, it’ll be repeated at 9pm that evening.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/14/game-thr ... d-8343162/
trevnhil

Re: Game of Thrones season 8

Post by trevnhil »

Or for those with Mag boxes you can just watch it on catchup
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

And anybody dropping spoilers will be temporarily banned. :lol:
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

We're off to Essaouira in Morocco in a few months time. We will be visiting the site where Deneres gave her thoughts upon meeting with the Unsullied.
Can't wait for this trip 😊

Here's the Riad we're staying in at Essaouira. It's one of 3 different accommodations we will be staying in during our trip to Marrakech and the surrounding area.

"Have Camera, Will Travel"
JimX

Post by JimX »

I have never missed one episode of ''Game of Thrones'' but usually watch in via catch up on my Mag, you can watch without Sky if you know where to look on the web, as my family do who do not use streaming Mag TV, the series is not for all of course but it is THE largest watched TV show ever broadcast, also there is some really great TV now on Netflix and Sky worth every cent I feel, happy watching.

Granville yaaawn!! :roll:
Jim.
memory man

Post by memory man »

Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

And remember, anybody dropping spoilers will be silenced. 8-)
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I am one the few never to have watched it and regretted it.... I think I’d like it, but it’s now so large, that it’d ruin my life to watch it.

I did that with “24” and BT serious 3 or 4 it was doing my head in, trying to watch in a short period of time
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

No spoilers here - just some of my photos from our visit a month ago to Essaouira in Morocco.
Some of those who have watched GoT will most likely recognise the location from an early point in the series.....

You've only seen this location below without the cannons - they were removed for the filming of it. Remember Daenerys choosing her army of the Unsullied?

Just off the area where the port is and the ramparts:

From these two photos, you wouldn't even know it was the same place - just a bit further along the beach from the main square and the fishing port:

And as we follow along behind the Grim Reaper....

A most interesting holiday from the chaos of Marrakech and the square of Jemaa el-Fna, especially in the evening - to a fabulous day out climbing the waterfall from the bottom at Sti Fadma followed by lunch sitting at a table and cushioned seating on small outcrops of rocks in the middle of the Ouzoud river - reached by the odd very rickety footbridge (see below).
Madness at it's very best.... next time, it may be an All Inclusive on the outskirts of Marrakech or even Agadir where we won't have to steer our way around the street food vendors and a tagine in every restaurant. Peace, quiet and lots of exploration.

Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

2am uk time , so 4am for us here . I think I can wait until tomorrow night .
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

I've never watched a single episode of Game of Thrones. I am now beginning to feel (what I can only imagine) is like a person who suffers from Leprosy.

Should I be worried? 😁

Maggie B
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Haven't a clue what Games of Thrones is about - sounds like a history programme.

EDIT - Not that I watch much TV anyway so probably out of the loop with regards to what is on.
Last edited by galexinda on Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
WHL

Post by WHL »

I've never watched one episode, but then again I might be the only person on the planet, that's never seen starwars :shock:
JimX

Post by JimX »

It is not about history in any way, more about great entertainment, it is THE most watched TV show of all time, me thinks you are missing out, all episodes are available streamed or online.
If you have MAG system it is also available there and easy to watch at any time on catch-up.No need to stay up all night. :D
Jim.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Sod GoT, never watched a single episode, I just want a new series of Vikings.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

I've never seen it either so am slightly amused by the hype. Maybe I should sit down and binge watch?!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

We binged watched it over the last six months and it is excellent. Far better than I expected.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

It took me until the end of the second series to get well and truly hooked because I'm not really into fantasy/adventure type films or TV. But the characters and the filming as well as spotting the locations was what drew me in the beginning. As it's gone on and the story has developed, this is the only kind of Winter I look forward to!

If you're a newbie to it - I suggest you watch at least 2 episodes at each sitting to begin with. It helps you get into the storyline much easier....
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

OK, thankyou folks for your comments. Reckon I'm going to give it a go . . . . . sometime soon. 😁

I was a 'late starter ' with Outlander too so, . . . . . . . hope I'm not disappointed. 😁

MB
Kia Picanto

Post by Kia Picanto »

I'm also in the 'haven't watched a single episode' club. I started watching the very first episode, but it was too violent for me. My OH didn't start watching until series 4, so wasted lots of holiday time, binge watching until he'd caught up. Instantly hooked. I may start to watch it... but then again, may not!

It's LOD for me, not GOT (Line of Duty, for those who don't know). Just about the best series I've seen on TV. Ever. If my super-hero Hastings turns out to be the baddie, my life will never be the same! (Kidding, obvs).