Only some minutes...but better than nothing (pics)

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Only some minutes...but better than nothing (pics)

Post by cyprusmax47 »

A bit delayed but still nice to watch I believe was the sunrise yesterday Sunday... the rest of the day one could forget.. just horrible

I had the hope they were wrong with their weather forecast and went out on my patio with my camera... cold!

A very unusual colour for this time of the day, waiting for the sun to come up...

two minutes later

and here we are, sun arrived in the morning mist

sun moved already 5 windmills to the left since mid December which means higher in the sky...

sun busy eating the clouds...

and then I thought they got it totally wrong with their weather forecast..

but a little while later, one of these fronts hit my area... and one after the other appeared all day long

Max
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: Only some minutes...but better than nothing (pics)

Post by cyprusmax47 »

What happened later on that day was one front with thunder & lightning, which I forgot to add....

inclusive raindrops on the window...

Max
Cherry345

Post by Cherry345 »

Fabulous Pics.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Cherry345 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:24 pm Fabulous Pics.
Glad, you like my pics, Cherry345, it's very difficult these days to produce something interesting and nice though

Max
Cherry345

Post by Cherry345 »

Do you mind me asking if you ever did a photography course or something similar, as I am taking lots of pictures but don't seem to be able to capture how amazing some things really look, my pictures look flat and boring whereas no matter your subject your pictures are alive and vibrant, I find myself just looking at them in awe to be honest.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Cherry345 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:00 am Do you mind me asking if you ever did a photography course or something similar, as I am taking lots of pictures but don't seem to be able to capture how amazing some things really look, my pictures look flat and boring whereas no matter your subject your pictures are alive and vibrant, I find myself just looking at them in awe to be honest.
I was lucky enough to meet one of the German star photographer, Mr. Binder, in one of my first visits to Cyprus in 1970/71. It was my first holiday here and he had the bungalow next to mine at the Mare Monte Hotel, Kyrenia. So he introduced me to the basics of good photography. He said it is important that I can see the beauty of a subject beside a good equipment. For example a close up of an old wooden, dark blue Cypriot door could be interesting if the light is OK. Other example is to bring always a foreground in your picture as it gives you not only depth but makes the rest of the pic more exiting. AND never be tight with the amount of pictures you do from the same subject, while playing with the settings. In the past it was very expensive with DIA films or other material if it was not for your business. He was using 30-50 films/day to get enough good exposures. So I had in future holidays always at least 10 films @ 36 pics with me. Nowadays it is much more easy and cheap to do hundreds of pics as you just delete the bad ones. At the moment I Iike it when there are different weather conditions with sunlight changing every second and do at least 100 pics when out early mornings. Trial-and-error method is the way to do it and I am still learning for example with night shots and lightnings. The last pic from the thunderbolt was the only one after 2 hours trying hard and of 100 pics I would agree to.

Here is one of todays I quite like as it was so exiting the weather changes within seconds from very moody to angry looking clouds...yeah January!!

Max
Cherry345

Post by Cherry345 »

Thank you for writing all of that out, it is appreciated, and also interesting to hear how you got into photography.
You said in your post ' Other example is to bring always a foreground in your picture as it gives you not only depth but makes the rest of the pic more exiting'.
That was really interesting to read as in the last few months in all of the hundreds of pictures I have taken only one picture really came out that is any good, and it is the picture of a house standing alone in the distance, only in the foreground there is a tall plant...and when I saw the result it was a wow moment lol, so now it makes sense, I will try taking more pictures like that today, and I will have a go at takings some cloud pictures so I can compare them to yours...but lets hope the clouds don't come back to soon as I think we are all ready for some sunshine lol...thanks again for your help
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Cherry345 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:32 am Thank you for writing all of that out, it is appreciated, and also interesting to hear how you got into photography.
You said in your post ' Other example is to bring always a foreground in your picture as it gives you not only depth but makes the rest of the pic more exiting'.
I will try taking more pictures like that today, and I will have a go at takings some cloud pictures so I can compare them to yours...but lets hope the clouds don't come back to soon as I think we are all ready for some sunshine
If clouds are like that, there is sun too!! So don't worry...

but if it is like that, then you have a reason to be fed up soon... :lol:

Max
Cherry345

Post by Cherry345 »

They are really cool lol
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Love them
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.