Beautiful sunshine - excellent fish lunch (pics)

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Beautiful sunshine - excellent fish lunch (pics)

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Even with the red skies we had yesterday morning ( shepherd's warning...bla bla ) Fridays weather was quite pleasant, but today it was brilliant and I enjoyed my usual Saturday fish lunch at Timi beach. All the Cypriot customers were indoors in front of gas fires, while I enjoyed to sit outside in the full sunshine.....

I already finished my village salad with excellent fresh sourdough bread (Prozymi, which comes from the bakery at Mandria's supermarket on the main road) when my main dish arrived: 2 medium sized Sorgos...

Cooked to perfection today (slightly undercooked is what I prefer) and delicious fresh potatoes from their own fields behind the Tavern.

Much more people arrived late, so I decided to have my coffee at the sea front..

Lovely salty air and nice waves

View towards Mandria beach

and towards the shipyard

Tavern view from the sea side - I like the palm trees..

I was very glad that I arrived already 12 AM at the place and could enjoy the January sun for another hour and 19 c, back at home it was only 12 c there though. So not tooo bad for beginning of January...

Max
brengreen

Re: Beautiful sunshine - excellent fish lunch (pics)

Post by brengreen »

Lovely!!!
brengreen

Post by brengreen »

Lovely!!!
smudger

Post by smudger »

Ha ha, lovely Max! Is this the anticipation of summer then???
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

smudger wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:13 pm Ha ha, lovely Max! Is this the anticipation of summer then???
Yeah, hot summer and plenty sunshine was one of the many reasons I became a 1/2 Cypriot... :) I hate cold and I hate snow likewise ...

Max
classicalbiker

Post by classicalbiker »

lovely yes but how sad are you if thats the highlight of your life.
Cherry345

Post by Cherry345 »

But how sad are you classicalbiker for even saying something like that to someone else.....seriously!
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

classicalbiker wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:59 pm lovely yes but how sad are you if thats the highlight of your life.
Just to clarify: my posts about the fish lunch I have every Saturday at this place is just one of many highlights of my life here in Cyprus, where I live since 40 years or so. As you are only a couple of month member here on this forum you will perhaps know nothing about me or my lifestyle. Beside archaeology, geology, photography, cooking, renewable energies, sports, music, organic farming, I have many more interests to spent my time here. As I am single I don't have to consider other persons, if you know what I mean. I wonder I YOU have a similar variety of hobbies I am having...and the time for it.

Max
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

cyprusmax47 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:11 am
classicalbiker wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:59 pm lovely yes but how sad are you if thats the highlight of your life.
Just to clarify: my posts about the fish lunch I have every Saturday at this place is just one of many highlights of my life here in Cyprus, where I live since 40 years or so. As you are only a couple of month member here on this forum you will perhaps know nothing about me or my lifestyle. Beside archaeology, geology, photography, cooking, renewable energies, sports, music, organic farming, I have many more interests to spent my time here. As I am single I don't have to consider other persons, if you know what I mean. I wonder I YOU have a similar variety of hobbies I am having...and the time for it.

Max
The thing is Max, is that it is about your fish every time, and show pictures to prove it is ....Your fish meal.. ;)
Last edited by Lincoln on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
All things are possible
brengreen

Post by brengreen »

I for one enjoy Max's pictures of his Saturday lunches. The food and the scenery.
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

Jeepers! What's going on here? I love your pictures Max.

I also love seeing what fish you've enjoyed on Saturday.

There are some sad, bitter and twisted people in this life that we all lead. 🤔

Maggie B
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Max
Keep posting and keep eating.
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

I am in the UK most of the time and Paphos when I can and I myself kicked off about a patronising post not so long ago and this one from classicalbiker is another example of how inconsiderate some people are. Max as he said is on his own and has various interests some of which are to my taste some are not but I would not put him down for the parts I don’t like. He shares his daily life and if you don’t like his posts don’t read them but do not criticise his life. I for one enjoy his photos as it gives a glimpse of the island when I am not there and I am grateful for that.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

71 Trans Am wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:22 pm I am in the UK most of the time and Paphos when I can and I myself kicked off about a patronising post not so long ago and this one from classicalbiker is another example of how inconsiderate some people are. Max as he said is on his own and has various interests some of which are to my taste some are not but I would not put him down for the parts I don’t like. He shares his daily life and if you don’t like his posts don’t read them but do not criticise his life. I for one enjoy his photos as it gives a glimpse of the island when I am not there and I am grateful for that.
Thank you for this post 71TransAm as you nailed it....

Max
smudger

Post by smudger »

Max, can't speak for anyone else, but I for one love your posts and pics and echo Trans ams eloquent comments.
Princebytor

Post by Princebytor »

Much like the majority on here I too enjoy your posts, especially when I am looking at your pictures when I am in the UK.
In a few weeks I will back in Cyprus and on the first morning I will sit on our back step with a cup of tea (weather permitting) and watch the sun rise over the hills towards the wind farm (not too dissimilar to your view) and I know that I would not want to be anywhere else in the world...........if that means that I can be classed as 'sad', so be it !
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I enjoy your pics Max, because sadly, it's not likely that I will be able to return to the Island any time soon. They bring back very happy memories for me, and thank you for that.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Max I am not going to comment on what I see as negative posts but like most members I enjoy sharing many of your interests particularly in the music section ;) ;)
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

======

Look in the mirror Pal, if you want to see somebody who is sad. And find another forum.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Lincoln wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:23 pm
cyprusmax47 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:11 am

Max
The thing is Max, is that it is about your fish every time, and show pictures to prove it is ....Your fish meal.. ;)
So why do you open the thread then, if it bores you? This isn't rocket science, or even GCSE maths. If you don't find a post interesting, go on to the next one.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.