Re-cycle

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Pinleyb93

Re-cycle

Post by Pinleyb93 »

Does anyone know if there are any blue re-cycling bins for plastics in the Mesogi/Trimathusa area. The ones at Emba and Geriskipou have disappeared. Thanks for my help.
Tremigirl

Re: Re-cycle

Post by Tremigirl »

All the recycling bins can be found in the Big Church car park in Tremithousa.
Tremigirl

Post by Tremigirl »

There are all the recycling bins in the car park at The Big Church in Tremithousa.
daveg

Post by daveg »

And a lot of places have precisely no recycling bins / collections at all....
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Can you tell me which places please?

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
boycott

Post by boycott »

Lofos-Jan wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:06 pm Can you tell me which places please?

Jeanne
I live to the East of Limassol in Moni and this village and none of the nearby villages have any recycling bins or places for recycling.

Moni did have a reasonable number of paper/metal, plastic/glass but were removed as a) they were to popular, b) other villages used them and c) people were putting in non recyclable items, so the recycling company removed them!
As far as I am aware there are NO public recycling points in Limassol certainly on the East side.

Those people with a recycling conscious ideals drop off stuff in the business ones as there are few by cafes/restaurants.

Obviously those in power did not watch Drowning in Plastic!
smudger

Post by smudger »

We have recycling bins in Tremithousa, but have noticed lately that they are ether not being emptied so frequently or, other people are using our bins to dispose of their rubbish. Either way, I go with my recycling approximately the same frequency as aiways only to find our bins are overloaded with excess rubbish deposited on the surrounding car park!
Lofos-5

Post by Lofos-5 »

Good to know that there is a collection point in Tremi - since there is no longer any in Tala, and I can never remember when they are supposed to collect from the street in front of the house, we started driving all our recycling to Coral bay - close to Holitec and Frog and Toad restaurant :oops: .

A.
Minerva

Post by Minerva »

There is a huge recycling centre on the way to Coral Bay a short way up towards Akoursas. They will take electrical items, furniture, gardening as well as glass, paper, cardboard, plastics etc. Very helpful staff. Dominic has written article about the Recycling Points around Paphos and Polis. xx
Ruth x

Qui Me Amat, Amet et canem meum