Government service pensions under the UK/Cyprus Double Taxation Convention: UPDATE

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Government service pensions under the UK/Cyprus Double Taxation Convention: UPDATE

Post by Dominic »

Hot off the presses...

_____

The UK government has agreed with the government of #Cyprus to amend the 2018 treaty in respect of #government service pensions.
The amendment will allow individuals to choose which basis of #taxation they want to apply to their government service pensions.
This choice can be made from 1 January 2019 and will expire on 31 December 2024.
This guidance shows you what to do. We will publish the text of the protocol after it has been signed, which is due to take place on 19 December 2018.
Follow link for further details:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ention.pdf
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Rita Sherry

Re: Government service pensions under the UK/Cyprus Double Taxation Convention: UPDATE

Post by Rita Sherry »

Dominic

Thank you for the above post. I was going to post same myself but you beat me to it. Am in London presently and met up with a former colleague at HMRC who gave me the same information i.e. the 2018 is to be amended and signed on 19th December presently expiring in 2024 so those affected can choose which taxation system to use.

Thank you once more.

Rita
Mrblobby

Re: Government service pensions under the UK/Cyprus Double Taxation Convention: UPDATE

Post by Mrblobby »

By reading on here about the changes in double taxation , I know we have the choice to choose where we are taxed .

Has the uk tax office written to any members to confirm this ?

I have had no notice .