Striking Paphos bus drivers threaten protest at palace if no progress by Monday

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Striking Paphos bus drivers threaten protest at palace if no progress by Monday

Post by Paphos Life »

Paphos bus drivers warned on Sunday that if there were no developments in resolving their wages issues, they would protest outside the presidential palace in their vehicles....

Read the article and chat about it below...
Kili01

Re: Striking Paphos bus drivers threaten protest at palace if no progress by Monday

Post by Kili01 »

I noticed that the bus terminal at the harbour was totally deserted today, not a bus in sight. Wonder if they were all heading for Nicosia ready to cause traffic chaos tomorrow as per their threat.
It must cost them a bit to fuel their vehicls for a return trip to Nicosia.. does their union/ unions pickup the fuel costs?
ApusApus

Re: Striking Paphos bus drivers threaten protest at palace if no progress by Monday

Post by ApusApus »

Maybe they should take a leaf out of the French code of practice, seems to work well for them?

Shane
WHL

Post by WHL »

ApusApus wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:24 pm Maybe they should take a leaf out of the French code of practice, seems to work well for them?

Shane
Them French dont take prisoners :shock:
June

Post by June »

This is a disgrace. I was out in May when the same thing happened.
How are these employees supposed to live if not paid and now again in the run up to Christmas??!!
Unless I'm missing some thing?
Kili.....the station would be empty if they're on strike. It was the same in May...the buses must be garaged elsewhere.