Cordless vacuum cleaner

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Reesy

Cordless vacuum cleaner

Post by Reesy »

Can anyone please recommend a shop with a good selection of cordless vacuum cleaners...not premier. Thanks...
trevnhil

Re: Cordless vacuum cleaner

Post by trevnhil »

We bought a Shark one after comparing it with the latest Dyson (both cordless). We bought in the UK and had it shipped out here by RSS Logistics in Peyia. You can usually take advantage of free delivery to their UK address and then the container takes around three weeks to arrive here.. I think the cost of it coming to Peyia from the UK was €20... It is certainly worth the small delay... I have had a few other parcels, some small ones were only €5..

Be aware that some vacuums need you to change the 'head' for rugs/ carpets to tiled floors. So if you have tiled floors with rugs or carpet squares then a vacuum with a head that can do both is an advantage. That is why we got the Shark, although it has a very small dust container...
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

Morning, turned out nice again, not.

I have had for several years a cordless Dyson bought online from Amazon De, it is starting to play up now and a replacement Dyson is very expensive, I think the most expensive to buy here on Cy, my advice is to look at UTube to see what might be for you, I love the way they work especially on tiled floors, easy to operate and move around with no cable to get tangled with, I have been looking at a Shark (as Trev) but again not the cheapest make on the market, we still have a mains Vac for more thorough cleaning, dog fur and all..

By the way, batteries are hard to replace here and Amazon usually will not send to Cyprus, just to point this out. Most electrical outlets here sell cordless vac's best to look around, personally, I will buy again on Amazon De.
Jim.
Reesy

Post by Reesy »

Have been trying to find a replacement battery for our Dyson..difficult to find a supplier to ship to Cyprus. Finally went to Premier , they charged 90euros for the battery and service. Lasted for 5 months , took it back last week. They refused any responsibility and wanted another 90 euros..Which I declined to pay!
JimX

Post by JimX »

Unfortunately Lloyd not the type in my Dyson, they could not even order one, I was told to try the manufacturer, I did and they don't send here at that time.

This kind of battery is extremely difficult to get sent here or buy locally, oddly you can actually buy a cordless vac here and online but battery replacement is not easy to get. And why I am buying new again.

Shark offer a two battery type model, again not cheap but at least you would have two Vac batteries.
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Why not buy one in the UK and have it sent to the RSS logistics place. They will ship it out for you to Peyia for very little money.. Phone them first to confirm...
I wanted batteries for three of our emergency lights... Nicoleau Electronics could have them made up for me at €35 for each light... I bought three complete lights with batteries and had them shipped here for the same cost per unit
Trev..
smudger

Post by smudger »

JimX am I reading this right, you are actually buying a new cordless vacuum to simply get two batteries??? And you have a mains vac as well??
Lazydaze52

Post by Lazydaze52 »

We bought a robot vacuum cleaner from Amazon a couple of months ago, best purchase ever. Fully charged it will run for 100 minutes. You can programme it to vacuum while you’re out or asleep, or when the latest storm has knocked the power off, but I set ‘Robovac’ to clean upstairs while I have a leisurely breakfast then downstairs while I’m having my morning shower. If it could just do the stairs as well it would be perfect! And it’s quiet enough even the cat just gives it a look as though to say “not you again”
JimX

Post by JimX »

smudger wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:18 pm JimX am I reading this right, you are actually buying a new cordless vacuum to simply get two batteries??? And you have a mains vac as well??
Jacs no you are not reading it right as you say, and yes we also use a mains vacuum as it is far more powerful for pet hairs read that post again, I said it had other problems, a bit worn out now, the front roller will not turn and the cost of repair is just not worth it, and the charge rate is poor with only ten minutes of stored power to run the cordless Dyson, this is a problem for many Vacs of this type, not just Dyson, a new cordless Vac will be ordered early in the new year from Amazon De.

I might try Trev solution as the company is just down the road and get them to ship over a new cordless vac if indeed it is cheaper than Amazon. I doubt they would ship out here just batteries on their own but I will ask.

Jim.
Jim.