Pistachio nuts

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
LouiseCastricum

Re: Pistachio nuts

Post by LouiseCastricum »

In the Mall, but might be also expensive.
Louise :)
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

There is also one you can try on the TOTK road on the opposite side of the road to Tramps. And there is one on Pafias Afroditis St above St Pauls Pillar but I'm not sure if it is open at the moment!

Shane
ast

Post by ast »

My experience of this shop (Aphrodite secret) is that they are expensive, very good selection but pricey. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

In case anyone is wondering exactly why they are so expensive .
https://www.plated.com/morsel/pistachios-expensive/
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Every couple of years one of my neighbours used to leave a carrier bag or two on the patio. They are a pain to sift through as so many go mouldy very quickly, saying that they are tasty and once you get used to green fingertips can be worth the effort.
Eventually I had to tell him we didn't like them very much so he could give them to someone else.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:42 am As I said in the OP, wife has been to Alfa Mega. Must get some next time we go on a tobogganing trip to Troodos village.

Why not trying at Koili village, where they were growing them a lot in the past. Would be much closer than Troodos, but then you wanted to save money :lol: :lol: buying 250 gr....
I was thinking to farm them 30 years ago, but when people from Koili told me that it takes more than 10 years to get a first proper harvest I changed my mind and went for Mineola oranges instead.

Max