Problem with processing an MEU3

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Kili01

Problem with processing an MEU3

Post by Kili01 »

I applied for my MEU3 back in Sept. I was expecting to receive it soon. That was until I rec’d a call from Immigration last week.Apparently they are unhappy with some of the print out of 5 yrs worth of EAC bills which had been submitted by me as part of the required paperwork for the MEU3. The problem is this, in 2017 for several months my bills showed that only €35 worth of electricity had been consumed (and obviously paid for). They were questioning whether I had been resident there, or had been off island? The problem was that a 12 panel PV system had been installed. I was paying all the extra charges for supplying electricity to the grid through the net metering system. But at the same time I hadn’t been consuming much electricity from the grid. It seems that someone in the immigration dept in. Nicosia, hasn’t heard of this yet!
Anyway, I was asked to send copies of all the bills from Feb-Dec 2017, to support the fact that I was and am resident here...

All a bit of a surprise really. Has this happened to anyone else?
Dee

Dee
trevnhil

Re: Problem with processing an MEU3

Post by trevnhil »

Wow, I never thought that someone actually checked through all the paperwork.. It is good in one respect but not for you Dee..
Trev..
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Ticking boxes springs to mind!

Shane
Mighty Sprite

Post by Mighty Sprite »

A case of an uneducated civil servant, actually.

When you have a PV system installed the subsequent lekky bills clearly show "Net Metering Charges" and show consumption "in" and consumption "out". The civil servant could not have understood what this meant.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Mighty Sprite wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:27 am A case of an uneducated civil servant, actually.

When you have a PV system installed the subsequent lekky bills clearly show "Net Metering Charges" and show consumption "in" and consumption "out". The civil servant could not have understood what this meant.
Not true , Dee mentioned it was just an eac print out , this just shows kw used and the amount paid each month , no details . Hence the request for copy bills .

So well done that civil servant . ;)
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Attached an example of an eac print out . Apparently they are acceptable when applying for the meu3 , rather than printing 5 years of bills , but thanks to Dee we now know they are scrutinised at Nicosia .
Attachments
724DEAEC-455E-45A9-86EE-1E4D199C42E3.jpeg
724DEAEC-455E-45A9-86EE-1E4D199C42E3.jpeg (127.21 KiB) Viewed 3290 times
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

Well I too have had the same problem and please note HIC I have used Gwenny but she was unaware of any problem until I contacted her again.
I received a telephone call from immigration in Nicosia to say the electric bills I had submitted only contained "one page" well as my bills are only one page I was not certain what the query was but the lady insisted I fax the bills for the last five years. I informed her I had produced such bills and as I pay by direct debit which is clearly stated on said bills what was the problem. I also pointed out that at my interview I had produced my MEU1, Contract of Sale for my property, Title Deeds, 5 years of Bank Statements, said electricity bills, my passport and my birth certificate and was informed (Gwenny was with me) everything was in order and the lady in Paphos Immigration then took a photograph.
Gwenny has now taken over and is also at a loss to understand what they want which has not already been produced. Anyway she has faxed said copies yet again and I have also given her Power of Attorney to obtain a statement from the Electricity Authority for the past 5 years.
Checking is one thing and I have no objection to that but not being able to explain what is missing is another and there was sufficient other proof I had resided here for over five years. I also understand there have been several referral back requests so I suggest anyone about to be interviewed obtains the statement from the Electricity Authority as illustrated by Mr Blobby above rather than the initially requested copies of the actual bills.

Rita
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Rita Sherry wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:20 pm Well I too have had the same problem and please note HIC I have used Gwenny but she was unaware of any problem until I contacted her again.
I received a telephone call from immigration in Nicosia to say the electric bills I had submitted only contained "one page" well as my bills are only one page I was not certain what the query was but the lady insisted I fax the bills for the last five years. I informed her I had produced such bills and as I pay by direct debit which is clearly stated on said bills what was the problem. I also pointed out that at my interview I had produced my MEU1, Contract of Sale for my property, Title Deeds, 5 years of Bank Statements, said electricity bills, my passport and my birth certificate and was informed (Gwenny was with me) everything was in order and the lady in Paphos Immigration then took a photograph.
Gwenny has now taken over and is also at a loss to understand what they want which has not already been produced. Anyway she has faxed said copies yet again and I have also given her Power of Attorney to obtain a statement from the Electricity Authority for the past 5 years.
Checking is one thing and I have no objection to that but not being able to explain what is missing is another and there was sufficient other proof I had resided here for over five years. I also understand there have been several referral back requests so I suggest anyone about to be interviewed obtains the statement from the Electricity Authority as illustrated by Mr Blobby above rather than the initially requested copies of the actual bills.

Rita
Sorry Rita,,,your in Cyprus....siga siga :)