Weather Forecasts - Your opinions please

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Kili01

Re: Weather Forecasts - Your opinions please

Post by Kili01 »

I nearly always use wunderground, but usually direct from their site. I use the forecast for Paphos Airport, which I usually find accurate enough. If I want something more localised I get their one for KTIMA, Paphos.

Dee
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Are there is a slight problem. With Weather Underground I was allowed 50 queries a day, but I could ask for multiple weather stations in one query.

With AccuWeather, I have a free allowance of 50 queries a day, but can only query one weather station at a time.

So, I could either just query Paphos 48 times a day (ie every half hour) or query 6 locations (Paphos, Peyia, Polemi, Polis, Panagia and Pissouri) 8 times a day.

When it is written down, the second option doesn't sound bad. You would still get an hourly forecast for the next few days, but it would only be updated every 3 hours. This way the matrix would still make sense.

So I favour the second approach. How about you?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

The second one seems good to me as well.
Louise :)
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

I favour the second option too - Peyia is near enough to Tala to show if I need to get into the cupboard :lol: That said yesterday I left home around 1pm and it started to tip own with rain until I got to the Coral Bay road where the road was totally dry and not a drop of rain at all until I was leaving Peyia around a couple of hours later.

Rita