Our Dog, Bracken, has passed away

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Minerva

Our Dog, Bracken, has passed away

Post by Minerva »

Bracken, passed away yesterday after a Heart Attack. He was diagnosed with Acute Pancreatitis and Diabetes on Monday morning, The Vet said he was a little better by the afternoon by be given Insulin. We saw him on Tuesday at 12md and The Vet thought he could come home the next day on a strict diet the next day if he kept some food down in the morning. It wasn't to be - the Vet phoned at 3pm to say he had passed away. Needless to say, we are devastated and inconsolable. He was 11 and 4 months and we knew old age would catch up with him - but not this way and so soon. He had a wonderful happy life - everyone loved Bracken as he was always laughing and loved people. He was a lovely friend and companion - my 'wee baby and family. He loved going on the 4 x 4 runs and seeing everyone. He was a stray and found in a grape field at 8 weeks old approx. He has been with us since we moved into our house over 11 years ago. Our home will never be the same. Some of you will know what we are going through. His ashes will be spread round the garden as he loved to be outside. God Bless, Bracken 'my wee man'
Ruth x

Qui Me Amat, Amet et canem meum
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Our Dog, Bracken, has passed away

Post by Devil »

Sorry! We know what it's like!
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

So sad and so difficult.
Louise :)
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Sorry for your loss. :(
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Minerva

Post by Minerva »

Thank you for your thoughts xx
Ruth x

trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Braken, your best friend is waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge...

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Trev..
glowred

Post by glowred »

Ruth and Alistair, we are sorry for your loss, we have lost both of ours this year and know how you both must be feeling. Our thoughts are with you

Neil and Sandra
smudger

Post by smudger »

Good post Trev. What a reunion if Bracken is waiting there for them!

Hold that thought Ruth and Alistair, it may well happen. Kind regards x
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

RIP Bracken, it’s devastating loosing a member of your family, my rescue ESS is 15 years old, so ever Day is very special 🐾🐾
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

So sorry for your loss. It's heartbreaking when it happens, no matter how much you try to prepare for it xxx
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
chris&pam

Post by chris&pam »

So So sorry for your loss.It hurts like hell as I only know too well.
Ancient History

Post by Ancient History »

I feel for you. It is heartbreaking to lose a member of the family. So sorry.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

A terrible thing, losing a pet. I am so sorry. It's the one thing I hate about having pets, knowing what will come. Treasure the wonderful memories xx
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

Ruth and Alastair

So very very sorry to hear the sad news of Bracken he was a beautiful dog and I know how much you both loved him. He will always be in your hearts and minds. I brought Skippy's ashes home yesterday and it is of some comfort to know she is home with me so I hope you both have that thought too.
You did the right thing although it is so hard at the time to let go one just keeps on hoping there is improvement but sadly not and we have to let them go to Rainbow Bridge.
I knew him of course and how much you cared for him - he had a very happy life with the two of you.
My thoughts are with you both and with Bracken too.

My sincere good wishes

Rita xxx
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

We lost our TOBY a few years ago. The loss and hurt is still with us. We truly feel for you as will any pet owner.
All things are possible
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Only those who have truly loved and lost a beloved pet, can know what you're going through. Grief will give way to happy memories in time. So sorry for your loss.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

💔

Maggie
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Oh Ruth and Alastair, so sad to read this. 😢 I feel for you. I know how much you will miss your beloved Bracken, but take heart from knowing you gave him a lovely and loving life with you. RIP Bracken who will now always be with you in the garden and in your hearts.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
Minerva

Post by Minerva »

Thank you all so much for your lovely and meaningful comments re Bracken. Yes, we are missing him dreadfully - he was a stray dog when he was found aged about 8 weeks. He moved in with us when we moved into our house [ he had spent 2 weeks at a vet's to get better and nourished and he was covered in ticks - we were staying in a flat] so he has always been with us and came nearly everywhere we went. It is very difficult to have to adjust but we will get there and keep such happy memories of a beautiful happy friend friend. God Bless.

Ruth and Alastair x
Ruth x

Firefly

Post by Firefly »

So many like your lovely Bracken in Cyprus sadly, he was one of the very lucky ones.

When our old Cypriot rescue cat Pepper had to be put to sleep, after the heartbreak of loosing him, I decided that in his memory, I would take another mal treated unwanted rescue cat, I thought that was what he would have wanted me to do. Now after a year with us, and spending the two previous years in a rescue, Percy is a very loving happy cat. We had the air gun pellet removed from his side, the teeth that were broken removed, clearing up an abscess in his jaw, his tail broken in three places, we could do nothing about, no point, he still has some movement. I think Pepper is looking down thinking 'good for you Mum'.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.