Internet provider.Paphos.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Chaddy

Internet provider.Paphos.

Post by Chaddy »

We,ve been with our present internet provider now for some 5/6 years.But alas they have really taken a turn for the worse.We are paying for 8MBIT but are only getting 3/4MBIT.We have called them by phone a zillion times (they now wont answere our calls) and called in their office 6/7 times.They have sent some one rouned
once who seemed to fix it then the day after it failed again.The biggest disaster is that the misses and I can,t watch our beloved Heartbeat :(
Fool us we have paid the until the end of next February. (buyer beware) We wish we could name and shame :D
Can anyone suggest a reputable provider please
JimX

Re: Internet provider.Paphos.

Post by JimX »

Well, there is only one choice as Cyta have all the corners covered. most if not all the local providers use Cyta's computers, I hope your problem was not directly by them. Have to say even on a Sunday morning they called to our neighbor this week, sorted out his problem with no fuss.

I have 20MB broadband service from Cyta and it works fast enough to run two Mag units.

good luck
Jim.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Hudswell wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:58 pm I suppose a little more information is required Chaddy, do you have a "landline" provision or a Wireless Internet Service Provider (WISP), is you IPTV provided as part of the package?
Thanks for your response hudswell but we don't have a land line :(
J B

Post by J B »

Chaddy wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:29 pm We wish we could name and shame
Why can't you?
J B
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

...which makes things a bit more difficult. If that’s the case, then the best he could do is to ask his neighbours which wireless internet provider they use. Some providers systems work better in a paticular area.
Personally its worth having a landline installed if this is an option. I am a Cyta customer and very satisfied with their service, although I have Logosnet as my internet providerand get 10mbs.

Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

J B wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:13 pm
Chaddy wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:29 pm We wish we could name and shame
Why can't you?
Because Admin have repeatedly said not to do that..
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

...which makes things a bit more difficult. If that’s the case, then the best he could do is to ask his neighbours which wireless internet provider they use. Some providers systems work better in a paticular area.
Personally its worth having a landline installed if this is an option. I am a Cyta customer and very satisfied with their service, although I have Logosnet as my internet providerand get 10mbs.

Dee
smudger

Post by smudger »

Agree Dee, if a landline installation with Cyta is possible then that's the best of all solutions. Any combo from then on is also possible. Chatting to Brian at SOS in Chlorakas (almost opposite Papantonious) could be very useful, he's a mine of information and help.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We have no landline and receive our internet signal from an aerial on the roof, with wires into the building..
Trev..
smudger

Post by smudger »

Accept that Hudswell and Trev, but Brian is the man for sorting work rounds methinks!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Negative reviews are a nono for a number of reasons.

1. We sometimes get threatened with legal action as a result.

Um, there are other reasons but that's the biggie.

People should use places like Trustpilot, Tripadvisor or Google Reviews to leave bad reviews. They have legal teams, we don't.

Besides, not every bad review is a genuine bad review.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Granville,

There is little choice as Cyta provide internet for most of the providers including Primetel. They all use Cyta computers to supply even your choice, Cyta now gives an excellent backup service, that was not always the way, but now a very reliable IP system, I will continue for now unless a better supplier who is totally independent comes along.

There is an option if cost is no object, that would be a Satellite supplier, not talking about the small dish type that some providers offer, real Sat system is it very expensive, not a real option for many of us here.
Jim.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Chaddy there are a few providers, it would help if you stated your location as some providers may give a better service in your area than others.
David
JimX

Post by JimX »

Morning D.

Just making the point that most landline and small dish suppliers would use Cyta as a provider, even if you use say Digby, a good man and I have in the past used his services, but they are directly though Cyta's computer system.
Jim.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Thanks Jim, I know
David
J B

Post by J B »

Chaddy wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:29 pm Can anyone suggest a reputable provider please
We have used Netcom for the last few years and they seem to 'do what they say on the tin' - switch on/off when we want to visit.
J B
poolriver

Post by poolriver »

J B wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:38 am
Chaddy wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:29 pm Can anyone suggest a reputable provider please
We have used Netcom for the last few years and they seem to 'do what they say on the tin' - switch on/off when we want to visit.
Have to agree. We have used Netcom for the last 4 years and been satisfied with service. We have 8meg and run an mag box and laptop off it.
Jim.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

We use Netcom and must say they've given great service when needed.
Jim
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Whilst I am not in Pafos district I have used a WISP supplier called Cosmos for the last 6 years in preference to Cytanet who provided a terrible service locally. I have a 50Mb service for €60 a month. They run on the Cablenet backbone.
holitec

Post by holitec »

We do a 50MB service for €50 per month for full-time customers. However, it is not available at all locations, because signal interference is an issue due to the high number of providers. Probably the reason for the slow speeds is because of interference, all providers will suffer this.

If you can let me know the area that you are located I can help with finding the best solution (send a PM if you do not want to post your location), but for full-time use go with a landline - I can arrange both landline or wireless, and can now do a direct fibre connection up to 1000Mbps, but that is a bit expensive at present.

Regards

Digby