Travel Insurance

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
rambo

Travel Insurance

Post by rambo »

Can anyone recommend any company/broker here in Cyprus for the above?

Paul
Oxfordboy

Re: Travel Insurance

Post by Oxfordboy »

I buy mine annually online. The company I use is Globelink (www.globelink.co.uk) as they had good reviews, the premium seemed reasonable and the options were quite flexible. I haven't had cause to actually use them yet (touch wood) so I have no experience of their claims processes etc.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We too buy ours online from Staysure
Trev..
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

We have used Top Quotes situated across from Chloraka Paps, I think that it was €87 euros for me and the wife, world wide travel for 12 months
David
WHL

Post by WHL »

Make sure they do travel insurance for expats, also read the small print re existing health issues?
Last edited by WHL on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Top Quotes
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Our joint policy through Status Insuarnce was very reasonable.

Ian
zorbathejock

Post by zorbathejock »

Uncle D: A cheeky question but how old are you. It seems very cheap as I have been quoted over 400 for two of us both over 70. (75& 72)
daveg

Post by daveg »

Also check whether ,in the small print,it needs you to be registered for at least 6 mths with a gp.
Which,if like me, you only have private health care, because I'm too young to be registered with the state system, doesn't count. Therefore your travel insurance is void.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I was 59 when we got the last one in 2017
David
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Daveeg,
Have you registered with a private doctor yet?. Thats a good idea anyway even if you are in usually good health. Since you can see a private doctor which means having an appointment, you cut out all the waiting about, queuing etc which seeing a GP at the General usually means. As consultation fees here are usually much cheaper than in the UK it isn’t an expensive option.
Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Dee is right it is not too expensive to see a private GP here in Cyprus, around €35, and it saves a lot of time and hassle.
But the downside is that you have to pay for your prescription being filled at a private pharmacy, and that can cost you a lot of money..
Trev..
Aargent

Post by Aargent »

I was wondering, am I right in thinking that you can register with Peyia Medical Centre, for a one off fee, and would that count ? Wouldn't mean that you had to use the Centre if you preferred to just visit a Doctor or Doctors that you had used on occasion elsewhere but you would be Registered.
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum
Galini

Post by Galini »

daveg wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:08 pm Also check whether ,in the small print,it needs you to be registered for at least 6 mths with a gp.
Which,if like me, you only have private health care, because I'm too young to be registered with the state system, doesn't count. Therefore your travel insurance is void.
It may be worth checking what your Health Care covers - My private health policy also includes Travel Cover up to certain limits which I find perfectly adequate for most of my trips so I don't need to buy separate Travel Insurance.
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

We use these guys:
http://ukexpats.com
Far far cheaper than any other quotes we have received for motor, travel and home insurance. They have a close relationship with AIG and I asked about the 6 month GP rule . Yes they confirmed almost all have this rule but their Travel Insurance is designed for the Cyprus Ex Pat market and AIG have agreed to waive it given the nature of our healthcare service here.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

ronk wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:52 pm >uncleD..what was/is the maximum duration for any one trip?
30 days
David