Cobalt to cease trading midnight tonight!

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Lofos-5

Re: Cobalt to cease trading midnight tonight!

Post by Lofos-5 »

Pafos

Post by Pafos »

Sad. It won’t be the only Cypriot airline to fold this year though it looks like.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Trev..
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

Cobalt.png
Cobalt.png (81.63 KiB) Viewed 5140 times
Sounds pretty terminal to me
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:14 am Blue Air are offering to help...
http://www.use-the-final-link/news/148256 ... -customers
Word of warning guys, Wife rung up Blue air re offer to help, and they charge you £1,60 a minute for call, she waited for nearly 15 minutes before hanging up, twenty quid down the swanny.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Flossie wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:19 am Perhaps emailing would be better then?
Good Luck with that, they have switched off their landlines.... yep £1.60 a minute to keep you hanging on the phone, Del boy would be very proud of the way Blue Air operate.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Flossie wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:12 pm I have no involvement with them so have no need to try and contact them - it was just a suggestion!!
Thank you for the suggestion,
J B

Post by J B »

WHL wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:43 am Word of warning guys, Wife rung up Blue air re offer to help, and they charge you £1,60 a minute for call, she waited for nearly 15 minutes before hanging up, twenty quid down the swanny.
Do I guess that by the use of the £ sign you are in the UK??

Not sure what number you called, but this website
https://www.blueairweb.com/en/gb/contact/
gives three UK national numbers which shouldn't cost you £1.60 per minute.

:?
J B
WHL

Post by WHL »

J B wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:14 pm
WHL wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:43 am Word of warning guys, Wife rung up Blue air re offer to help, and they charge you £1,60 a minute for call, she waited for nearly 15 minutes before hanging up, twenty quid down the swanny.
Do I guess that by the use of the £ sign you are in the UK??

Not sure what number you called, but this website
https://www.blueairweb.com/en/gb/contact/
gives three UK national numbers which shouldn't cost you £1.60 per minute.

:?
Apologies it should be €
Have you tried ringing any of those numbers? no one is answering any of them.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Original flight was €200 odd, managed to book a new flight for next week with Wizz air at €400, it was lowest one I could get, British Airways is coming up at €800 , and everything else in between , good luck all.
J B

Post by J B »

WHL wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:17 pm Have you tried ringing any of those numbers? no one is answering any of them.
Sorry, I'm just a bit of a 'cheap phone call' geek! :oops: :shock:

If you select Cyprus from the drop down menu here https://www.blueairweb.com/en/gb/contact/ and scroll down, the other two numbers are CY landlines, but, as you say ... if nobody answers :roll: ... but at least it wouldn't cost as much!!!! :lol:
J B
WHL

Post by WHL »

J B wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:53 pm
WHL wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:17 pm Have you tried ringing any of those numbers? no one is answering any of them.
Sorry, I'm just a bit of a 'cheap phone call' geek! :oops: :shock:

If you select Cyprus from the drop down menu here https://www.blueairweb.com/en/gb/contact/ and scroll down, the other two numbers are CY landlines, but, as you say ... if nobody answers :roll: ... but at least it wouldn't cost as much!!!! :lol:
A cynic might think the reason their not answering the phones, is because their getting €1.60 a minute from us stupidos,... :shock:
WHL

Post by WHL »

Hudswell wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:01 pm
WHL wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:23 pm Original flight was €200 odd, managed to book a new flight for next week with Wizz air at €400, it was lowest one I could get, British Airways is coming up at €800 , and everything else in between , good luck all.
Thw Cypriot Government have made an offer to remburse, you may get lucky.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2018/10/18/stat ... assengers/
That only covers tourists who want to go back home and Cypriots wanting to come back to Cyprus, fair dues the Cyprus government didnt have to do that.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I had a flight booked on 01/01/2019 with Cobalt LHR-LCA for £102.50. I was straight on the BA website this morning when I heard the news on BBC4 and have now a flight on 01/01 at virtually the same times for £122.00

I'd paid for travel insurance as I wasn't totally convinced that Cobalt was financially secure, but was nevertheless keen to try them. I really don't understand why the CY Gov (ie.,me the taxpayer) should be repatriating people? The things they'll do for votes :roll:
WHL

Post by WHL »

mike strand2 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:23 pm I had a flight booked on 01/01/2019 with Cobalt LHR-LCA for £102.50. I was straight on the BA website this morning when I heard the news on BBC4 and have now a flight on 01/01 at virtually the same times for £122.00

I'd paid for travel insurance as I wasn't totally convinced that Cobalt was financially secure, but was nevertheless keen to try them. I really don't understand why the CY Gov (ie.,me the taxpayer) should be repatriating people? The things they'll do for votes :roll:
How are British tourists being repatriated going to vote for any Cyprus Politicians? :roll:
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Who said anything about British tourists? Believe it or not, many Cypriots also fly in aeroplanes!
WHL

Post by WHL »

mike strand2 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:19 pm Who said anything about British tourists? Believe it or not, many Cypriots also fly in aeroplanes!
The vast majority are British Citizens being flown home to the UK, British citizens vote in Britain not Cyprus
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I don’t know where you have got your information that it’s British citizens who are being repatriated. I’ve been reading all the reports & nowhere does it mention British citizens! I would imagine there are many nationalities who will be flown to their place of residence & that will undoubtedly include many Cypriots who are presently stuck in another country.

And whilst I cannot vote in presidential elections, I can vote in all others, both here in Cyprus & in the UK.
WHL

Post by WHL »

mike strand2 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:16 am I don’t know where you have got your information that it’s British citizens who are being repatriated. I’ve been reading all the reports & nowhere does it mention British citizens! I would imagine there are many nationalities who will be flown to their place of residence & that will undoubtedly include many Cypriots who are presently stuck in another country.

And whilst I cannot vote in presidential elections, I can vote in all others, both here in Cyprus & in the UK.
You said the only reason Cyprus was doing this was for all the votes they would be getting.... So explain how? as you posted above...many different nationalities will be voting in Cyprus elections.