Paphos Life Picnic Appeal

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Paphos Life Picnic Appeal

Post by Dominic »

For the background to this appeal, please read here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7062

Right, you can now donate to the Picnic Appeal.

Follow this link:

https://www.paphoslife.com/coffee

This is a little form I have written to replace the old "Buy Me A Coffee" link, which was a bit cumbersome.

On that form, you have to enter your name, the amount you want to donate, and your email address. The email is only so you get a notification of payment received.

There is also a field where you can enter a message. To donate to the appeal, add the word "Appeal" in the message box.

Once you complete the form, you will be asked, securely, for your CC details. These aren't stored on site. The payment is taken using a commercial payment gateway.

In order that we can have a proper audit trail, please also send a PM to Lloyd (Happy in Cyprus) telling him the amount. Then he will know what to expect from me at the end of the appeal.

appeal.jpg
appeal.jpg (94.92 KiB) Viewed 5985 times
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Mark

Re: Paphos Life Picnic Appeal

Post by Mark »

Thanks HIC, will definitely give a donation via Wendy for this cause, well done for the initiative!
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

How is it going Lloyd? Would love to hear that people are donating and those children are going to have a great day out !
Louise :)
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

TO ALL THE GOOD PEOPLE OUT THERE.

I am pushing in here re this Appeal. The charity is short of 285 Euros to meet the target figure of 600 euros for this trip. Now there are 1155 members on this forum and if each and every one of you very kind people donated just one euro that target could be met and the children on their way to a days outing.

These children deserve this outing they have lived under terrible circumstances in the country from which they and their parents have fled and witnessed things which no child should ever have to witness. Many of you have grandchildren and I m sure you would not wish them to have to live as these children have lived so come on everybody you can all afford one euro each and I am sure Lloyd and Dominic can think of a way to collect any pledges other than through ones credit card. Please do your utmost.

Best wishes

Rita
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

What a beautiful video. It just says "Joy"
Mark

Post by Mark »

Congratulations Lloyd

A fantastic and emotive video!

Makes me want to give a further donation.
Oxfordboy

Post by Oxfordboy »

How wonderful. Wish I had been here for the exhibition itself. As Mark says, makes me want to donate further which I will certainly do it the target doesn't look like being achieved.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Excellent job, Lloyd. I have shared this on our Facebook Page and Group, and on a number of other groups.

This is the message I posted with it:

Caritas Paphos is our charity of 2018. This means we help promote them and when they have an emergency we ask our forum members to help. I am genuinely proud to say that so far they have not let us down. The help our forum members have provided has been amazing. I thank you all for that.

Recently, the Learning Refuge had a charity fundraising art exhibition, which was attended by one of our forum members, Lloyd, who filmed the event, and to visit the Learning Centre afterwards. He has put together this short film (don't worry, he is an experienced video editor!) and if you can spare the time, please watch it.

To find out how you can help Caritas, please visit their charity page on Paphos Life:

https://www.paphoslife.com/sponsors/caritas2

Finally, we are trying to raise funds to send the kids on a picnic in the Troodos. We need about €600 and are half way there. If you want to help, please check out this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&p=71532&sid=ff558c704 ... b96#p71532
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

For anybody reading this thread from the facebook advert, please go to the top of this thread to find out how you can help. :)

Thank you.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Ok, that paragraph now reads:

Recently, the Learning Refuge had a charity fundraising art exhibition, which was attended by one of our forum members, Lloyd, who filmed the event, and visited the Learning Centre afterwards. He has put together this short film (don't worry, he is an experienced video editor!) and if you can spare the time, please watch it.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hi Lloyd

What is the shortfall now?

Mark
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

No change yet, I am afraid.
Mark

Post by Mark »

I will put in another 50 euros if 2 members put in the same amount.

Any takers? This day out is so important, as Rita said these children deserve this outing, please help.
Mark

Post by Mark »

My 50 euro donation has gone through, another 2 ...........please make it happen
Mark

Post by Mark »

Apologies all, want to keep this thread active, above blood tests, thunder, and pics (great though they are) please donate if u can.
Oxfordboy

Post by Oxfordboy »

Mark wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:40 pm I will put in another 50 euros if 2 members put in the same amount.

Any takers? This day out is so important, as Rita said these children deserve this outing, please help.
You can put me down for another 50, but I'm just on the way to Larnaca Airport for a business trip so I won't be able to phsyically do it till the weekend,

Malcolm
Mark

Post by Mark »

Fantastic Malcolm!!!
Mark

Post by Mark »

Just 185 euro's required to make a dream a reality...…………….please help if you can.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

I've just donated €50 Lloyd. If the total isn't reached I am happy to add more.
Oxfordboy

Post by Oxfordboy »

OK, just did it while I have a couple of hours to wait in transit. Hope we reach the total soon....