Cat 5 cable

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
jonjo

Cat 5 cable

Post by jonjo »

Hi

Just had Cyta broadband installed - 30mb at the box outside but only 12 at the router due to the poor wiring installed by Aristo. Could anyone recommend someone to replace with Cat 5 cabling - Cyta engineer didn’t want to know!

Thanks
Jon
:D
holitec

Re: Cat 5 cable

Post by holitec »

Hi Jon,

Easy to do, just attach a cat 5 cable to the cat4 cable and pull it through. Just need the special tool to make the connection in the box. Any electrician should be able to do that. If really stuck, PM me and I can come over to sort.

Regards

Digby
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I believe Cyta will only wire up to the outside box.
You have to get your own electrician to do any inside wiring, as you are attempting to do on here.
I seem to remember that the electrician has to be registered with Cyta to do this work... but I am not sure of this.
Trev..
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Try Martyn the Electrician 96558326; he should be able to do it. He's first rate and a fully qualified Sparky.
If you can't get him on that number he should be available on line.
Jim
Lofos-5

Post by Lofos-5 »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:45 pm Can wholly endorse JimB's recommendation of Martyn.
Me too.
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:30 pm It really makes you wonder how many others of us are constrained in this way. I have an Aristo house...makes me wonder! There's a very good electrical wholesaler in Butcher Boy Rd, which the trade use; they might have. Apposite side of the road to Butcher Boy and nearly opposite. Alternatively, what about Nicoleau Electronics?
There is every possibility of you being constrained as the OP

The CAT4 cabling installed by Aristo was probably the top of the range when installed but its speed has now been surpassed by CAT5 and CAT6

Aristo can't be blamed for the leaps in modern tech. In fairness thats about all they can't be blamed for :lol:
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I make my own cables using Cat6, I bought all the bits needed off Amazon. You can download the termination details online.

Jim