Brexit Posts

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Brexit Posts

Post by Dominic »

Please only post about Brexit in the Politics section. From now on (Sunday 23rd September, 2018 @9:30PM), if you post about Brexit in another section, and can no longer find your post, you have only yourself to blame.

The only exception to this is when I post updates from the British High Commission. :)
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Kili01

Re: Brexit Posts

Post by Kili01 »

Ok, Dominic, I see your point of view, but there is so much interest in Brexit and how it will affect those of us who are British expats, that it seems a bit harsh perhaps to ban the whole subject from the General Discussion page. How many of us are reading the politics section regularly? I don’t. So important info could be missed by those who need it.

Just a thought.Will by the same token discussion about GESY also be banned, as that could be construed as having a political element too?
But many of us will be interested in that as well.
Dee
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Many things "political" affect our day to day lives, it seems many people don't realise that politics are behind them...

We have a similar scenario on a local fb group but they all think ranting about the bus service, potholes, streetlights etc should be allowed every 5 minutes.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Posts in the political section are very popular, so people clearly have no trouble in finding them. And I do post updates from the High Commission concerning Brexit on the main forum. But a lot of people are sick to the back teeth of Brexit arguments, understandably.

The simple solution is to use the "Active Topics" option when viewing posts. The category is irrelevent then.

Discussing GESY will not be banned, unless it goes on for years with the same tired old arguments being regurgitated ad nauseam. But I can't see that happening.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.