Caustic Soda

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
daveg

Caustic Soda

Post by daveg »

Apparently I need to obtain 25kg bag of caustic soda and Chuck it down my just emptied soak away.....
Any ideas where I get this?
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Caustic Soda

Post by Devil »

Hardware shop
Carol44

Post by Carol44 »

I have bought bottles of caustic soda in the home centre at the back of Debenhams. It's called, Knockout. I had to ask for it, as I couldn't find where it was kept. Never seen a large bag of it.
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

If you go to Paphos Home Market they sometimes have products in the "back" which you have to ask for specifically, not sure if caustic soda is among those though?

Shane
panoscouse

Post by panoscouse »

If you can't get a 25kg bag and the small bottles work out too expensive the next best thing is a bag of soda ash which all pool shops have. I'd follow it up with 2-3 gallons of white wine vinegar poured in slowly and stand back.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

One Stop have it.

Jim
mikesjn

Post by mikesjn »

I got one in one of the DIY shops on the main road through Geroskipou, near to and on the opposite side of the road from the new-ish Papantoniou supermarket. It was a few years ago though.
glang3000

Post by glang3000 »

You used to be able to get it at nikonikos but dont tell them its for the drain as its against the law to sell it for clearing drains.

G