UK State Pension Life Certificate

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
MacManiac

UK State Pension Life Certificate

Post by MacManiac »

I don’t know whether this is a Polis phenomenon but I went into the Hellenic Bank in Polis today to have my Life Certificate witnessed and the form stamped. I was told that the bank no longer offers this service. I pointed out that my wife had her form completed and stamped the day before. There was a pause, a smile and the form was witnessed and stamped. Whether he was having a bad day or not, I don’t know - but it may help people having a wasted journey.
garry&jill

Re: UK State Pension Life Certificate

Post by garry&jill »

I have heard this in the Polis area before
garry
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I think my wife used our usual Pharmacist
Trev..
josef k

Post by josef k »

I used my dentist as I just happened to have an appointment at the right time.
smudger

Post by smudger »

We're very fortunate in Tremithousa in having an excellent Mukhtar. He readily signs the certificates for us - and I do know that it runs into huge numbers - with no problems. The village is a credit to him. I do know he struggles with the council sometimes and his hands are bound, but he will always do his utmost to help the residents.

Thanks Chris!!!
Tremigirl

Post by Tremigirl »

Totally agree with Smudger, our Muktur Chris in our village of Tremithousa is excellent, he always tries to help in any way he can and nothing is too much bother for him. We are so lucky.
He signed our certificate with no bother.
" Yes Thank you Chris"
GreenArmy12

Post by GreenArmy12 »

Got mine done recently at the Bank of Cyprus main branch in town, no bother at all. Now I have just received a very similar form with respect to my RAF pension, a slightly wider list of possible signatories though, just wondering how often I am going to have to prove that I am still this side of the grass!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have just received a similar document from a small private pension..I have to enter my UK National insurance number and sign it myself :-)
Trev..
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

The Hellenic refused to sign my PLC this year & instead went to the Peyia Medical Centre. My friend received a worrying letter from the pensions people saying that as she hadn't sent back the form, they would be stopping payment! If she had received the form in the first place she would have done. Can't rely on the post here!!