Supermarket online home delivery

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
PaphosAL

Supermarket online home delivery

Post by PaphosAL »

Do you have this luxury service available over there in Cyprus? If so, and you use such a handy resource, I'd like some advice, please.

Here in UK, I'm thinking of giving Tesco a free one month trial for free next day home delivery ordered on Mon-Thu. But one aspect worries me, that of frozen food in my order. Between the time they pick the items off the shelf then actually deliver it next day, surely all the frozen items will have thawed out.

But we are told NOT to refreeze such thawed out items. Thoughts, anybody please?

Thanks- AL :?
Gone but not forgotten...
tina

Re: Supermarket online home delivery

Post by tina »

Hi al,
i did this job at tesco for about 2/3 years before i moved to cyprus, the frozen food is kept in a freezer, till the time the drive needs to load his van.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Many thanks Tina! That is very reassuring info for me..

AL :)
Gone but not forgotten...
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

Hi, AL, The supermarket that used to be Carrafours on the Polis road {cannot think of the name right now ] offer a home delivery service . Also very good prices on some of their products.
Lefkes.
ast

Post by ast »

An elderly lady we know goes on the bus to Phillipos at coral bay does her shopping and then they run her home with the shopping in there little van, no charge. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
Boxsterann

Post by Boxsterann »

Hi Al,

I’ve used Tesco’s home delivery many times whilst staying with my daughter in the UK and all frozen food has arrived fully frozen despite her living a fair distance from the store. My daughter in Law uses the Asda service which works just as efficiently.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

PaphosAL wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:17 pm But we are told NOT to refreeze such thawed out items. Thoughts, anybody please?
Thanks- AL :?
Some 20 years ago, I used to work with two blokes who had both worked at Morrison's, they told me that frozen goods could sometimes arrive thawed out and they were told just to refreeze them.
I was a bit shocked but we rarely buy frozen food, just freeze fresh food ourselves.
It may be an urban myth though as this link from the USA says its ok to refreeze
https://food.unl.edu/it-safe-refreeze-r ... has-thawed
David