Asian cuisine

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
PaphosAL

Asian cuisine

Post by PaphosAL »

A few days ago, a member gave us a headsup about a series on BBC TWO focused on cooking from the sub continent. I cannot now find the post in order to reply to it...

However, it's on BBC TWO catchup (via the BBC iPlayer) and is called "Recipes that made me" by Nisha Katona. So far, I've thoroughly enjoyed watching four episodes, covering regional dishes from Bangladesh, Punjab, Kashmir, and Sri Lanka.

If you like your home-cooked Indian food, then this series is well worth watching to give you ideas for enhancements. Max's lips will drool at the fish that the Banglas pull out of the Ganges...

Cheers- AL :D
Gone but not forgotten...
Uncle D

Re: Asian cuisine

Post by Uncle D »

Nisha Katona is tasty too
David
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

Sorry Al . . . . That was me!!! I finally remembered Austin 7's name! I was going to PM him the next morning but promptly forgot 🙊 I know he loves to cook his own authentic dishes.

Anyway, I should also have realised others may have been interested too. Apologies.

Maggie B
WHL

Post by WHL »

PaphosAL wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:28 pm A few days ago, a member gave us a headsup about a series on BBC TWO focused on cooking from the sub continent. I cannot now find the post in order to reply to it...

However, it's on BBC TWO catchup (via the BBC iPlayer) and is called "Recipes that made me" by Nisha Katona. So far, I've thoroughly enjoyed watching four episodes, covering regional dishes from Bangladesh, Punjab, Kashmir, and Sri Lanka.

If you like your home-cooked Indian food, then this series is well worth watching to give you ideas for enhancements. Max's lips will drool at the fish that the Banglas pull out of the Ganges...

Cheers- AL :D
Al you had my taste buds going until you mentioned the Ganges,,,, just saw this on google,
Experts estimate that more than 3000 million litres of untreated sewage from these towns along the Ganges are pumped into the river every day. By the time it reaches Varanasi, whose untreated sewage (or most of it) is also pumped into the waters, it becomes a sewer and the sixth most polluted river in the world.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Hopefully, the large fish in the Ganges are caught in the higher reaches of this major river, after it has flowed down from the snow-capped Himalaya mountain range.

I noticed that Nisha seemed to growing a bit larger in each episode. Not surprising, considering the amount of curries and desserts she was enjoying eating each time, LOL.

AL :)
Gone but not forgotten...