Sorry,MEU3 again.no need to panick??

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Jim B

Re: Sorry,MEU3 again.no need to panick??

Post by Jim B »

Austin7 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:27 am
Tremigirl wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:54 amBirth certificate
I certainly didn't need my birth certificate for MEU3 buy if somebody else was asked for it I suppose it's best to take it :? . By the way Lloyd I used Gwenny as well and found the process trouble free and worth paying for.
Have you got your MU3 yet?

Jim
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

Austin7 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:31 am
Jim B wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:13 am
Austin7 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:27 am

I certainly didn't need my birth certificate for MEU3 buy if somebody else was asked for it I suppose it's best to take it :? . By the way Lloyd I used Gwenny as well and found the process trouble free and worth paying for.
Have you got your MU3 yet?

Jim
Not yet. Told to expect it within the next 4 weeks.
Yes we were told to expect ours in about 4 weeks ,that was 4 months ago.
Lefkes.
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

In the past we’ve always dealt with officialdom ourselves but we decided to use Gwenny because people were saying you needed this & you needed that & others were saying you didn’t need this or that. Our appointment with immigration was on 22 June, our MEU3s were issued on 9 July & we received them in the post a couple of weeks ago. Another yellow piece of paper to add to the file!
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

ApusApus wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:25 pm I would swop "have to exchange it" with "may have to exchange it"! Again, all speculation as usual :roll:

Shane
Quite right Shane , may have to exchange it .

I finally found where I had read it .

UK nationals who, before the end of the Implementation Period, are holders of a valid permanent residence document or a valid domestic immigration document conferring a permanent right to reside, will be able to exchange that document for a new residence document free of charge. They may be required to provide proof of identity and undergo criminality and security checks.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/advice-for- ... -in-europe
tonee

Post by tonee »

So,how much did Gwenny charge you?Personally,re Me u3 I will wait and see,like some,done it pre EU and post Eu and aint gonna mess with Immigration again if it turns out it won,t be needed.
daveg

Post by daveg »

Went to get an appointment today at immigration, waited and waited, then the lady who had just finished the latest charm school course told me..." No more appointments until I get a 2019 diary!"
Come back end of October...!
Nearly offered to buy her a diary from Jumbo's!
Why is it so difficult to use a computer here for these government employees,
So until Mrs Helpful gets a new diary ,no more appointments....great , another wasted few hours.....
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Chaddy, why don’t you go to see Gwenny? She is an old hand at this and will guide you through getting your MEU 3. I used her. She gave me a list of the docs that would be required, photo copied everything. Arranged my immigration appointment and was there when I arrived and guided me through it. All very efficient and pleasant. No worries! My form should come within. 6-8 weeks.
Dee
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

It happened to us about three years ago. It's because they take bookings up to three months ahead.

Jim
tonee

Post by tonee »

So,come on then,how much did Gwenny charge you?
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Gwenny charges a reasonable fee, bear in mind that she does all the running around and saves her clients a lot of time and unnecessary stress... it depends on whether you want her expert help with this. She was keeping v busy when I saw her so obviously plenty of us (and not just Brits) value her services.
There seems to be a small group of unhappy Brits who just keep whinging!
Dee
JimX

Post by JimX »

We found the process very easy and we certainly did not need an agent, we have the new MEU3 they came within three weeks, that was about the time the original thread started. Just make an appointment, ask for the list of the necessary needs, go back on your appointment date with the form filled in and €20's, we were out within 40 minutes. No fuss and no agents fees to pay.
Jim.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

I have found that the people that use an agent, are using one because they are afraid of the paperwork or they have oodles of cash to spare and are too lazy to do it themselfs. We have always done ALL paperwork and appointments ourselfs. This in all the countries we have lived in. Always easy and saved a LOT of money
All things are possible
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

People have all sorts of reasons for using an agent to do work for them.
In our case we used one to do all the running around for us whilst we tried to cope with an aged relative with dementia.
Trev..
smudger

Post by smudger »

Good post Trev ;)
smudger

Post by smudger »

Deleted, sorry :o
Varky

Post by Varky »

Lincoln wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:12 pm I have found that the people that use an agent, are using one because they are afraid of the paperwork or they have oodles of cash to spare and are too lazy to do it themselfs. We have always done ALL paperwork and appointments ourselfs. This in all the countries we have lived in. Always easy and saved a LOT of money
A round of applause for Lincoln or should I say Mr. Wonderful. :o
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Surely, its a case of each to his own! Lincoln can do what he likes but he has no right to criticise others who make a different choice for their own reasons.

Dee
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Kili01 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:43 am Surely, its a case of each to his own! Lincoln can do what he likes but he has no right to criticise others who make a different choice for their own reasons.

Dee
Correct Dee, I am not being critical at all just stating the points of view as they stand. Gwenny and her ilks charge HUGE fees for very simple paper work. it was the same for the other countries we have lived in :mrgreen:
All things are possible
WHL

Post by WHL »

Why do people get so hot under the collar ... you have a choice whether to use an agent ,,, end off... most people can wash their own car, but choose to take it to a car wash??
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

The paperwork is very straight forward, the difficult part is actually getting the MU3.
I paid a lawyer in Nicosia to process ours as we had waited a year, for the MU3; the wife's residency had expired and we couldn't leave the island.
There are dozens of fixers in Immigration trying to get documents processed and not just for British,.

Jim
Last edited by Jim B on Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.