Customs raid Paphos stores, confiscate thousands of knockoffs

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Customs raid Paphos stores, confiscate thousands of knockoffs

Post by Paphos Life »

Authorities identified and confiscated thousands of counterfeit products on Thursday in Paphos.Customs officers and Paphos police said they investigated four stores, three of which were selling counterfeit products worth up to €10,000....

Read the article and chat about it below...
Jimgward

Re: Customs raid Paphos stores, confiscate thousands of knockoffs

Post by Jimgward »

If you wanted to, almost every shop in Kato Paphos selling souvenirs, have fakes - from Armani branded 'leather' belts, through baseball caps to handbags and the like.
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

I wondered why they were so cheap. The shop told me they were genuine - cancelled export order.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Probably a lot of counterfeits are sold in small shops in and outside the market area here.
Probably they are from SE Asian countries... Also S.Korea used to produce and sell lots of counterfeit fashion items in the shops in Soeul. also exported them elsewhere.The best ones are cheap and good value for money.

Dee
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

I remember going to a market in Turkey one year & all the shops were advertising "genuine" copies of Nike, Adidas & Puma sports wear!

Shane
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

If I was a brand owner, I’d expect local customs to prosecute. Even when poor quality they diminish the brand.
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Hudswell wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:06 pm Oh please....you buy Nike, Ray bans, any branded make at far less than the usual price...it's a fake! It's a Noke! Or a Ray Bum, you pop,over to turkey and buy shirts...or shorts at far less than the branded price, the quality is good...the brand is fake...we all know that...of course Cyprus Stocks fake goods...they have done for Years! And will,continue to,do so...
No, I buy Slazenger from SportsDirect actually ……………………… usually when they are doing the end of season clearance so that I get the best prices! :D

Shane