Lara Bay

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Lara Bay

Post by Dominic »

Lara Bay is a bit of an enigma. If you approach from the direction of Paphos and Coral Bay, on the main road, you may well end at the beach by Lara Bay Restaurant. Confusingly, this is not Lara Bay. So go back to the main track, and continue into the Akamas for a little while longer. The turtles await...

Read the article and chat about it below...

lara_bay_masthead.jpg
lara_bay_masthead.jpg (163.69 KiB) Viewed 4329 times
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: Lara Bay

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Lovely blog to show us the Akamas turtles making it to the ocean. Very impressed about the clean beaches now as it was not always like this in the past. Amazing the few people visiting this area in the main holiday season...
Max
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Lovely and very informative blog,Dominic. I really hope that visitors to this beach will behave properly and not bring their cars and parphenalia like tents to this beach. I suspect that it will get crowded here particularly in August. I hope that this beach will be supervised either by wardens or govt employees to look after the turtles, and to prevent beach BBQ’s and camping that some people want.

Dee
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

What a fabulous blog so interesting to see the baby turtles released .....the first release looked so tiny ......hope they survive
I haven’t been for a few years but it’s great work these volunteers do .........some people don’t respect anything luckily they are a minority group.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Well done Dominic - lovely story of a blog.... didn't realise that there were 'releases' aided by volunteers - Attenborough had me attuned to these things always happening in the dead of night!
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

For some reason, most births in the animal world happen in the hours of darkness (including human)
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

A wonderful and very thought-provoking blog, thanks, Dom...

Sad to learn that (due to theft and internet outage) it might be the last one for a while, m8. My commiserations..

Cheers- AL :(
Gone but not forgotten...
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

No worries on that score. I still have the old camera, and I always have a few weeks of blogs up my sleeve.

The internet outage (now over, yippee!) actually gave me time to process more of the 360 images I had taken before the camera got nicked. A new one has already been ordered and should hopefully be here by friday. We are launching a new site just for panoramic photos. A sister site, so to speak, and I have lots of stuff to add to it already.

Bottom line is the cameras and phone were only stuff. Expensive stuff, but stuff nonetheless. Our daughter's bunny died while we were away on holiday a couple of weeks ago. He was only two, and is very much missed by all of us. I would gladly swap all our electronic stuff to get Tufty back. If our daughter can cope with the loss of her bunny (and she has done, admirably) then I can cope with the loss of my cameras.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Here's one you'll like Al. I know you are fond of Droushia. :)

http://www.cypruspanoramas.com/panorama/droushia_rocks