Paphos ecologists raise concerns over high rises

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Paphos ecologists raise concerns over high rises

Post by Paphos Life »

The Paphos Committee of the Ecologists Movement on Friday expressed its deep concern over Paphos municipality???s decision to allow the construction of high-rise buildings in the city.The committee was particularly critical of the decision to erect tall buildings in an area not suited to the structures....

Read the article and chat about it below...
Kili01

Re: Paphos ecologists raise concerns over high rises

Post by Kili01 »

Who are these people, I wonder if anyone knows? I think that they are quite right in their views as I have written from the start. Surely, high rise buildings are more appropriate in places with strong business and manufacturing sectors. (Such as Limassol and Nicosia). Paphos has neither really, it is a holiday town mainly dependant on attracting tourists who want sun and peaceful beach holidays in unspoilt surroundings. It is in danger now from turning into a featureless concrete jungle if all these plans for high rises materialise!

Dee
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Seems the goose laying those golden eggs is about to be slowed before the EU in all probability does away with such schemes
https://www.occrp.org/en/27-ccwatch/cc- ... sa-program
If so, we can expect more bankruptcies from constructors, more banks reporting a huge increase in " non performing loans" and worst of all eyesore unfinished high rise building in every major coastal town.
As the Cyprus Mail wrote in their editorial the other day " When will we GCs learn that every get rich quick scheme always end in tears for us ."
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

The problem is that the level of the NPL’s in most of the Cyprus ‘lenders’ (banks) as the Cyprus Mail sometimes quaintly refers to then, is already rising substantially. It seems that those banks have learnt nothing from the previous bank near collapse here in 2013. This cycle is OK as long as new money keeps rolling in from the cash for passports scheme. But what would happen if the source of all this extra money is turned off by much stronger regulations? As might happen...
Dee
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

I just hope these high rises never get built .........it will totally destroy what Paphos is about.