MEU3.marraige certificate."Apostile"??

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Chaddy

MEU3.marraige certificate."Apostile"??

Post by Chaddy »

Taken word for word from a Paphos paper among a schedule of requirements for the MEU3.

"Marriage certificate ( if appropriate ) This has to be Apostile .In other words legally certified with the cost being around " £60 from the UK"

What a song and dance :shock: Anyway what is "Apostile" Does that mean you have to fly back to blighty for this..What if your not married but living together..Can someone dispel this :?
lefkes

Re: MEU3.marraige certificate."Apostile"??

Post by lefkes »

Agencies in the Uk will do this for you , they will obtain a copy and have it apostilled and post it to you for a fee of about £70. As hic said we did not need this as we had the MEUI. An apostilled marriage certificate might come in handy in the future with brexit coming along.
jeba

Post by jeba »

lefkes wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:45 am Agencies in the Uk will do this for you , they will obtain a copy and have it apostilled and post it to you for a fee of about £70. As hic said we did not need this as we had the MEUI. An apostilled marriage certificate might come in handy in the future with brexit coming along.
Are you saying you can get a MEU3 without having obtained a MEU1?
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

jeba wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:47 am
lefkes wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:45 am Agencies in the Uk will do this for you , they will obtain a copy and have it apostilled and post it to you for a fee of about £70. As hic said we did not need this as we had the MEUI. An apostilled marriage certificate might come in handy in the future with brexit coming along.

You have to get your MEU1 if you have lived in Cyprus for 3 months by law and you can not apply for an meu3 until you have lived here for 5 years . So I would say the answer is no .
Last edited by Mrblobby on Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

You do not have to use an agency at all. Just order a copy of your marriage certificate online direct via the .gov website and request it be sent to the legalisation department before being posted to you. I did this for an apostilled birth certificate. https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-dea ... ertificate

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Immigration insisted our Cypriot wedding certificate was Apostill'ed plus all other required documentation. My wife had to return to her home country twice as Immigration kept adding to their requirements and she had to reapply for entry visas to get back into Cyprus as by that time hr residency had expired; Immigration would have let her back in but the airlines wouldn't let her travel without a valid visa or residency certificate. It took us a year to get our Permanent Residency and that was after being told in Paphos it would only take 3 weeks. 😃

Jim
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Don't be surprised if you get a call from Nicosia Immigration requesting one. We only found out they required additional items when we went up to Nicosia to ask what the delay was; they will respond by text to state progress of the application but after nine months of receiving the same reply we went up ourselves to try and chase them up which was a total waste of time. Ended up hiring an Immigration Lawyer and he got them in about four weeks.
Jim
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Yes I was also recently informed that 5 years bank statements are no longer required if you have your tax returns. Also correct that no apostille required if you have MEU1. It will be required for those applying for their MEU1 and anyone who tries to get MEU3 without first having MEU1 (old pink slips, passport stamps or never registered but have proof of 5 years residence) although I am yet to hear of anyone who has been able to do this. I know several people who didn't bother with the MEU1 as they had pink slips/old-type yellow slips or passport stamps. For those that didn't bother at all, you would in effect be admittting to have broken the law so not sure anyone would risk it!

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Hi Jeanne
As you stated they keep changing the requirements for the MU3a. I know my MU3a is (presently) valid for life but my wife's is only valid for ten years; whether this will be the case for the British applicants after March next year we will have to wait and see.
jeba

Post by jeba »

What is the MEU3 good for? Does it give you rights holders of a MEU1 don´t have? Such as e. g. the right for a carer if needed (I was let to assume that´s the case but am not sure).
josef k

Post by josef k »

There are a few tangible benefits for MEU3 holders. One is that they are eligible for subsidies the same as Cypriots on things such as photo-voltaic installations. Other benefits are less tangible. An example is that you can't be deported unless you commit a very serious crime. MEU1 holders can be deported for any sound reason.
As to a carer, by whom I am assuming you mean a Domestic Worker, the number of youer yellow slip is not an issue. There are other criteria you have to satisfy of course, and you will find them here: http://www.moi.gov.cy/moi/crmd/crmd.nsf ... enDocument
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

One of the questions, that remains unanswered, what is "Apostille">
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Excellent Mike!
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Help please,,,we went to the immigration office and asked for MEU3 application forms.When we got home we realised they had given us two MAU3A forms..Is there a difference because on the MAU3A form it clearly states "application for the issue of a permanent registration certificate of union citizen and his/herfamily members also EU citizens" We don't want to become citizens,just permanent residence.
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

As I understand it, the MEU3 application form is called an MEU3A which when completed becomes an MEU3 certificate which is what they issue you with!

Shane
josef k

Post by josef k »

Chaddy wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:29 pm Help please,,,we went to the immigration office and asked for MEU3 application forms.When we got home we realised they had given us two MAU3A forms..Is there a difference because on the MAU3A form it clearly states "application for the issue of a permanent registration certificate of union citizen and his/herfamily members also EU citizens" We don't want to become citizens,just permanent residence.
If you are both on a British passport, then you are a Union Citizens. That is to say the citizen of an EU country (for the moment anyway), and the description on the form is correct. However, I can't say why this is a MAU3a. The wording is the same as the MEU3.
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Thought I said that earlier! 👀

Shane
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I was at Immigration in Nicosia today, absolutely mobbed.
Jim
Pchome

Post by Pchome »

You can get it for half that price just apply direct to the foreign office and they post it too you for just £35 no need for an agency.

Agencies in the Uk will do this for you , they will obtain a copy and have it apostilled and post it to you for a fee of about £70. As hic said we did not need this as we had the MEUI. An apostilled marriage certificate might come in handy in the future with brexit coming along.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Explanations; To apply for an MEU3 an MEU1 has to be in your possesion first. If you have the MEU1 then the marriage certificate does NOT have to be certified (Apostiled) However it has to be certified to get the MEU1.

Benefit of the MEU3; Free citizens ID card when issued (soon), Guaranteed residency,Same benefits as Cypriots. The above info was given to us when we applied for our MEU3.
All things are possible