UK State Pension - Life Certificate

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
GreenArmy12

UK State Pension - Life Certificate

Post by GreenArmy12 »

Hi All, a quick query if I may, I have just had a letter from the UK pension service saying that I have to complete and return a "Life Certificate", this includes having to show my I/D and sign in the presence of a witness such as a solicitor, local police officer etc. Has anybody on here done this, and who did you ask to be your witness? I was thinking possibly the Citizens Office could do this, I could go to the lawyer who acted when I bought my house here, but guess that he would charge me a hefty fee. Any thoughts on this please, I do have a few months to return the thing but may as well get it done soonest.

Thanks

Al
staffie

Re: UK State Pension - Life Certificate

Post by staffie »

I also received one last Monday, visited lawyer yesterday (for different reason) an form filled, no charge, except 66 cents at post office an sent.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Yes we have done this for various pensions. We used our bank Manager, who signed and stamped the form after witnessing our signing.. Don't sign until the witness can see it.
Trev..
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

We went to the local Muktar, no charge and he said he had had many requests.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

My wife had one of these last year , we got it signed and put it in the post . DWP said they did not receive it and stopped her payment , we got another form signed and sent it recorded delivery . Payments were restored .

I only started getting my state pension in May this year and already this week they have asked me to send them a copy of a utility bill in my name . Which I have done , and sent it recorded delivery . ;)
Aargent

Post by Aargent »

If your regularly used Pharmacist knows you they will do it. Never been charged
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

You can always use the notary at the Government Buildings (opposite New Yourk Sweets).
He’s located at the far end of the covered walkway which is immediately behind the Govt Offices. He sits at a table which is either just inside the doors to the canteen, or in summer under the covered outside area of the canteen. He is used to signing as a witness and stamping docs using a Cy Govt stamp. It looks very official.
I have been sent these ‘life certificates’ a couple of times over the last few years.
I always try to get mine signed and despatchced as soon as possible.
Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

My wife got one today, and she will be using the bank manager, again :-)
Trev..
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

There must be a purge this month , we both got the certificate of life request in the post this morning .

We will be off to our pharmacist next week .
GreenArmy12

Post by GreenArmy12 »

Thanks for all the replies, will be off to the Govt building next week for other business, so will see the notary there, if not local Pharmacy favourite.
poolriver

Post by poolriver »

I got one last year and went to the now closed branch of Hellenic Bank. Andreas there said that they were now not allowed to do this and said Muktar would do. Went to see Bambos at municipality in Peyia and he did sign but said the govt were telling him not to do these either and you had to go to Govt offices. If pharmacist is acceptable will do that this year. Thanks to poster for that advice.
Jim.
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

Green Army 12

I received a Life Certificate a couple of months ago and,as usual, asked my Pharmacist to countersign it. Posted it and as far as I am aware it has been received as my pension has found its way into my bank account as usual. Pharmacists are on the accepted list for signatories but would suggest you make sure they use their official stamp on the document as well as their signature. Good Luck

Rita
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

Green Army 12

I received a Life Certificate a couple of months ago and,as usual, asked my Pharmacist to countersign it. Posted it and as far as I am aware it has been received as my pension has found its way into my bank account as usual. Pharmacists are on the accepted list for signatories but would suggest you make sure they use their official stamp on the document as well as their signature. Good Luck

Rita
Boxsterann

Post by Boxsterann »

We received our request for a Life Certificate earlier this week. It could not have been easier. We went to see the local Muktar who knew all about them he duly witnessed the forms charged us €10 and they are (hopefully) now on their way back to the UK.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Mmmm,if you got your pharmacy to countersign would you have to be on prescription drugs with him/her?
Aargent

Post by Aargent »

Chaddy wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:56 pm Mmmm,if you got your pharmacy to countersign would you have to be on prescription drugs with him/her?
NO - we get our drugs from the Hospital. We go for the usual things Paracetamol, Snips etc to the Pharmacist.
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum
josef k

Post by josef k »

I had to go to the dentist today, and got her to witness the form while I was there (dentist is on the list of acceptable witnesses). She said it was the third she had witnessed today.
Discobolus

Post by Discobolus »

Received mine a few weeks ago, went to the village council offices, Hambis the Mukhtah signed and stamped no charge, we had a coffee and a chat very civilised.
JimX

Post by JimX »

This is the third time we have had to do this for UK pension checks, as before we used our village Mukhtar, no charge as before, formes on the way back, did not even need to drive down to his office, it is two hundred meters away. :)
Jim.
wilky

Post by wilky »

Went to the Government offices on Friday morning the notary in the cafe there signed our life form and charged 3euros each all done and posted same price as 2years ago.