Apple Tree Yard

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Kia Picanto

Apple Tree Yard

Post by Kia Picanto »

Did anyone see this 4 part series on BBC1? One of the best dramas I've seen on TV for a while. Worth watching on iplayer IMO.

Intended as a 'one-off' series, rumour has it that the writer is going to pen a follow up. Hope it's as good! If you DID watch it, please don't spoil it for anyone who might decide to 'binge view' the series.
RattyPatty

Re: Apple Tree Yard

Post by RattyPatty »

Watched the first episode and about 10 minutes of the second before turning off. I found it implausible.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Watched the conclusion last night, very good! You are correct, the writer is penning a sequel. There's an article in today's Telegraph about certain scenes.
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Really enjoyed it - look forward to another.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
JimX

Post by JimX »

A case of she did not get what she deserved, in the end that is.
Jim.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Allesley wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:06 am A case of she did not get what she deserved, in the end that is.
Oh I don't know, I think it ended as it should have.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Austin7 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:48 pm
Jimgym wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:39 pm
Allesley wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:06 am A case of she did not get what she deserved, in the end that is.
Oh I don't know, I think it ended as it should have.
She did say at the end, in a flashback, that she wanted him dead!
She did, yes. However saying something isn't the same as doing it. I want longer legs, but it ain't gonna happen! :lol:
Kia Picanto

Post by Kia Picanto »

Kia Picanto wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:36 pm Did anyone see this 4 part series on BBC1? One of the best dramas I've seen on TV for a while. Worth watching on iplayer IMO.

Intended as a 'one-off' series, rumour has it that the writer is going to pen a follow up. Hope it's as good! If you DID watch it, please don't spoil it for anyone who might decide to 'binge view' the series.
Doh!! :cry:
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

I dont think anything has been given away, names aren't mentioned, nor the ending.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Jimgym

"However saying something isn't the same as doing it. I want longer legs, but it ain't gonna happen!"

She was guilty of planning the murder, I agree the victim did deserve it but none the less she was as guilty as the perpetrator. She got away with it, good on her!

Now then, a great movie worth finding is "Hidden Figures", just a fantastic, a true film, do watch if you can.

Jim.
Kia Picanto

Post by Kia Picanto »

Allesley wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:06 pm Jimgym

"However saying something isn't the same as doing it. I want longer legs, but it ain't gonna happen!"

She was guilty of planning the murder, I agree the victim did deserve it but none the less she was as guilty as the perpetrator. She got away with it, good on her!

Now then, a great movie worth finding is "Hidden Figures", just a fantastic, a true film, do watch if you can.

Please can you tell me how it ends? ;)
Kia Picanto

Post by Kia Picanto »

Austin7 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:36 pm
Kia Picanto wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:15 pm
Kia Picanto wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:36 pm Did anyone see this 4 part series on BBC1? One of the best dramas I've seen on TV for a while. Worth watching on iplayer IMO.

Doh!! :cry:
So what are you saying? That nobody can ever comment on the contents of any film, any book or any TV programme just in case there is anyone out there that hasn't seen it ...... yet :?: :roll:
No, that would be silly, surely? I just thought, as this was a brand new drama, that some people might want to watch it. That being the case, best not reveal the 'sting in the tail'. :roll:
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Allesley wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:06 pm Jimgym

Thanks for recommendation, will try and find on my tv box!
keving

Post by keving »

Just watched the final episode tonight. Don't worry my enjoyment wasn't ruined by the above spoilers.

Thought the first two episodes were very good, but then slightly down hill.

For me, in the final episode, when she was in bed with him she was not being serious when she said ....

What she said to him was said light hearted. I think the fact that he had told her that she was a GILF had gone to her head and made her light-headed; but not sure how that would have stood up in court as a defence :-)
emgee

Post by emgee »

I've got a tape of the film "Titanic" still to watch, please don't tell me the ending either.

Alan
Pete G

Post by Pete G »

emgee wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:42 pm I've got a tape of the film "Titanic" still to watch, please don't tell me the ending either.

Alan
The Iceberg wins
memory man

Post by memory man »

Pete G wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:13 pm
emgee wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:42 pm I've got a tape of the film "Titanic" still to watch, please don't tell me the ending either.

Alan
The Iceberg wins
New theory...........

Titanic WAS NOT sunk by Iceberg – new evidence suggests shock theory to disaster.

READ MORE
Cogs123

Post by Cogs123 »

I watched the documentary about that theory MM...it was pretty plausible :shock:
Life is not about waiting for the Storm to pass...
It is about learning to Dance in the Rain
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

memory man wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:19 pm
Pete G wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:13 pm

Alan
The Iceberg wins
New theory...........

Titanic WAS NOT sunk by Iceberg – new evidence suggests shock theory to disaster.

READ MORE
There was a fire in W bunker in No 10 stokehold on the starboard side of boiler room number 6 (probably caused by the use of lower grade coal due to the miner's strike at the time) which ignited when Titanic left Belfast.

However, it wasn't a raging inferno and was described as a 'smouldering fire'...

The chief engineer ordered a gang 'of between 8 and 10 men' under the supervision of Leading Firemen Frederick Barrett to empty the bunker and put out the fire. This was done by removing the coal from the bunker and hosing down the burning coals. The fire was extinguished on 13th April.

It does seem unlikely that a fire burning at '1,000 degrees' in a bunker containing 365 tons of coal would go unnoticed by the nautical surveyor at Southampton who issued a certificate of seaworthiness before she left for New York.

As for the 'nine metre black mark on the front of the ship’s hull', the bunkering (coaling) process was notoriously filthy and required all of the ships opening to be sealed to keep the coal dust out (which went everywhere!). It was in fact the reason why ships at the time were painted black to hide the stains from the coal on the hull...

[/nerd]