North Cyprus car insurance

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Melandsteve

North Cyprus car insurance

Post by Melandsteve »

Good morning,

We are considering a week in North Cyprus but have been given conflicting information regarding car insurance. I believe my own insurer won't cover me.

I have been advised that the cover bought at the border is only third party and would not provide any assistance with cost if my car was damaged in an accident which was my fault. I have also been told that it is fully comprehensive. I would appreciate advice as to which is the correct information???
exodus

Re: North Cyprus car insurance

Post by exodus »

You can only buy 3rd Party insurance unless you are a TRNC resident. You can buy insurance at the border, but it is cheaper (a bit) in town.
Amos.
Kili01

Re: North Cyprus car insurance

Post by Kili01 »

But I think that you would be expected to buy your insurance (3rd party) at the border. You have to buy insurance now for a min of 1 month...
Most people I know who go up there just buy the 3rd party and drive very carefully while they are up in the north. Just be careful not to exceed the speed limits as speed cameras are everywhere and you are likely to be fined. Also make sure that you are ‘signed out’ at the border before you leave.

Dee